Chapter 53 - Don't

A/N PlAY ThE MuSIC!

Your POV

"OH MY FRICKING GOD WHAT THE HELL!!"

Your ears were pierced with a high pitched girlish scream that threatened to burst your ear drums. It sounded a lot like Swapfell. You rushed out of the dining room, seeing Dust, with no glasses on, with his hand on Swapfell's shoulder, grinning maniacally. You saw glass shards and bent metal on the ground, and instantly figured out what had happened.

Swapfell had broken Dust's glasses.

The sound of several doors opening was heard, and some heads poked out from the staircase. "Hey! Stupid monster! Stop causing a ruckus here!" Several people yelled.

Dust glanced at them, and growled, causing them to squeak in fear. He turned back to Swapfell, and threw him into a wall, "So you're all bark and no bite, huh?"

Swapfell hit the wall, and a sickening crack rang out. Swapfell, wincing, tried to stand up, using the wall to steady himself.

Dust smirked, and multiple bones formed behind him. Swapfell, for some reason, decided to challenge Dust, despite his condition, "That's all you got? A few puny bones? What do you think that's gonna do, nerd?"

Growling, Dust fired them at Swapfell, who couldn't dodge. All of them hit their mark, cracking several of Swapfell's ribs, as well as lodging themselves between some of his other bones. Swapfell grunted in pain, before falling to the floor, leaning against the wall, bone marrow leaking out of his wounds. Still trying to act tough, he gave a slight grin, "Not bad nerd, but I can do better."

Dust grinned even wider, summoning more bones behind him, "You think? You have no idea what I'm capable of, kid." Swapfell growled when Dust called him kid.

You promptly ran between the both of them, facing Dust. His eyes widened, and he seemed hesitant to attack. "Y/N?" He blinked, before growling, "Get out of the way, Y/N."

You promptly shook your head. You were defending Swapfell not because you were worried for him.... you were more worried about Dust. He was already traumatized so badly from the countess genocide he had been through, and it got even worse after killing everyone. The last thing you needed was for him to realize he had killed another monster. It would break him.

"I said, get out of the way!" He growled menacingly, his eyes wild, but you stood your ground. You felt like.... crying? It hurt you to see Dust like this, knowing that he didn't want to do this, but couldn't stop the other side of him from hurting other people.

The bones floated behind him, glowing an eerie purple. He growled, "Go away. Or I'll just attack."

Tears threatened to leak out. You just wanted to help Dust.... it wasn't his fault.... but you didn't know how.....

He snarled, and he stretched his hand out, preparing to fire the attack. You heard murmuring from the other humans, "He's insane." "Monsters are so violent." "Tsk. Crazy stupid monster."

You didn't think. Your body reacted on its own. You rushed towards Dust, and hugged him tightly. You buried your face in his collar bone, and whimpered, "Please. Stop it."

You heard the cries of protest from the other occupants, saying that you were gonna get killed or get hurt. You ignored them, and hugged Dust tighter. You felt and heard the bones disappear, and Dust stood there, stunned. You felt the tears leak out, making Dust's shirt wet.

Dust's POV

Y/N hugged me, and whimpered, "Please. Stop it." I blinked, stunned. Suddenly, all the murderous rage I felt for no apparent reason dissipated, and I looked at Y/N. I felt some wet patches on my shirt, and realised that Y/N was crying.

A pang of guilt struck my soul. Y/N was crying because of me. I made her cry. I stood there, not knowing what to do. What if I hurt her? Y/N kept sniffing, and I slowly hugged her back, "I'm sorry........ I didn't mean to do that....." I felt so bad for hurting her......

I felt her hug tighten, "Thank you."

A/N Short chapter. Yay.

Edit - IdK what happened to the chapter. On my computer it said it publisjed but not on my phone