Chapter 11 - Bad Jokes

Harry's POV

"Write about something that you would like to see a change about in your life. Or is there anything you would like to change at all? Do you believe that you love the life you're living or do you feel like there's something missing? Due at the end of the class. No talking," Ms. Harris said, going back to sit behind her desk.

Oh yes, spring break is sadly over. It felt like two days more than a week. It went by pretty fast and frankly, I was a bit happy. I was happy to be back at school.

I remembered Lily's words she had said to me before vacation. She told me to apologize about my behavior the last time I was at school. How I made fun of her and everything. I was in a bad mood that day so it was unfair of me to take it out on her.

But I picked my pencil up and began writing like she said. What would I want to change? Well of course I wanted to change the fact that I was adopted. But a part of me loved that I wasnt such an ordinary teenager.

What I woud change.

    There are many days where I would wake up after a long night at work. Some nights I wish to be normal. I hated the fact I was different from anyone. I'm sure you'd like to know what it is that makes me different. Am I an alien? Am I someone who is wanted and changed my identity? Am I a secret prince? Maybe a beast at night and human in the day? Well if you guessed any of those, you're wrong.

    Now I can't let my secret out because I took an oath. I liked the way I lived but it got stressful. Having to keep it so long. So I write it down. See, I keep a journal in my drawers back at home. No one really knows about it. I dont really plan for anyone to find out. I write because I feel like maybe someone is listening to me. Or maybe that I'm being heard in some way.

    Ms. Harris, if you read this I would love to tell you something. You're an older person (no offense) so you probably went through what I have. Maybe not even close. But how can you keep a secret you've been hiding for so long? I would love to tell you what it is but unfortunately I cannot do so. I was different from everyone. I acted different. I didnt know what hairspray was for crying out loud.

    So usually there's five paragraphs in these writing assignments. But I honestly do not know what else to write at this point. Do you even actually read these? If so, what did Vincent say when he lost his car in the parking lot? Ha. You probably just give a grade for participating, dont you? Oh well. I guess I will just find out the day you give these back.

Love,
Harry

The rest of the day pretty much dragged on. Chemistry and History and blah blah blah. I missed school, yes. But I was totally tired by the end of the day. I luckily got through lunch. I never ate anything thought and sat outside with my two new friends. I liked the sound of that. I had friends.

Xander and Carter wanted to hang out sometime during the weekend so I told them I can try. I had to really get back on the route and actually start training. Maybe Michael could sort of help me out with it.

School was over and I had walked myself over to Ms. Harris's class to apologize.

I knocked on her classroom door and she seemed almost surprised to see me. Now how would I apologize? Straight out say sorry? Explain why I acted the way I did?