three

The reasons why Hannah went out on most Fridays were because of her Saturdays off. She neither had to work nor attend classes, so sleeping the day away was always a constant thought. If it weren't for the music Marisa was playing in the living room, she might have gotten the chance to.

Hannah rose from the bed in a sleepy state, pulling the sheet from her body before sauntering to the window to let in some light. It may have been past noon, but according to Hannah, any time she woke up felt like eight in the morning. She squint her grey eyes, unaccustomed to the daylight. Before she went blind, she grabbed a crewneck littered on the floor as well as a bra. She changed out of the pajama shirt and headed to the kitchen.

The rock music seemed loud enough with the door closed. Now with the stereo a couple feet away, Hannah could have sworn she was attending some concert. These rude awakenings didn't happen too often, and when they did, Marisa always wanted something. After grabbing the milk from the fridge, the blonde glanced towards the living room area, seeing Marisa dancing with her back to her. Her friend disappeared from her sight for a moment, returning with a paper towel in hand. She'd been cleaning all morning.

One song led to another as Hannah sat in silence at the table while plotting Marisa's death. She could have sworn the bowl was shaking on the table due to the bass of the song. And the fact that it was One Direction didn't help.

"Sing it! Sing it! Sing it! Sing it!"

The voices of the boys blared in the living room, but Marisa's high vocals could be heard as well.

The next verse came along when Hannah finally stood from the chair, tossing the bowl in the sink rather violently. Her feet stomped towards the living room, Marisa still turned as she was wiping the windows. Hannah grabbed the stereo's remote off the other end table, lowering the volume as fast as it possibly went. The decrease of noise caused the brunette to turn and catch her friend in a rather chipper mood.

Marisa smiled and walked over to the stereo to pause the song.

"You're up!"

"Yeah," Hannah stated coolly. "I'm up."

"I was getting a little worried."

Marisa headed back to wiping the window down. Hannah curled up on the corner of the couch on the verge of falling back to sleep. A part of her was so afraid that if she did, Midnight Memories would burst her eardrum.

"Worried?" She questioned. "Is that why you had the stereo blasting? Great music choice by the way."

Marisa didn't need to glance at her friend to know she was rolling her eyes, a hint of sarcasm in her tone. She inspected the window for any more spots before tossing the dirty paper towel in a plastic bag. The television was her next project.

"I knew you'd get a real kick out of it. But yes, worried! I can't have you skipping out on your big day! You have six hours before you leave."

The blonde rested her bed-head on the couch, letting out a moan of exasperation. This was the exact reason why she wanted to stay in bed all day.

This apparent date was the cause to all of her anxiety these past three days. The known fact has been eating her up inside that all she could focus on was her schoolwork. It took her mind off of it instantly, yet only to be brought back to reality the second she finished.

She had not had any interaction with the Irishman since the day they ran into each other at the grocery store. The only reason she knew she was supposed to meet at some fancy restaurant at seven was because he followed her throughout the store for the remainder of the time she was in there. After leaving the aisle for good, she wasn't expecting to see blonde boy appear by her side five minutes later, delivering information about what time they would meet up. She was bothered two minutes later, her grey eyes expressing the amount of aggravation she had within her body. That time, she was given the name of the restaurant.