I

Ethan

"These next two weeks are going to be focused on a reading assignment I am going to be giving you guys. Each of you will be given a Shakespeare poem or play that you will be reading and explaining to the class of the meaning. The meaning can be something you took away from it, or what you believe William was focusing on while writing it. This will be a project that I am assigning partners for," Mr. Hines announced to the class. Groans and sighs could be heard from throughout the classroom. I mean, I don't blame them. I always found these type of projects quite dumb and honestly useless. What am I going to take away from a fucking Shakespeare writing that will help me in the future?

As everyone continued whining and throwing out negative comments, Mr. Hines began calling out partners. I looked around the room and met eyes with my twin brother, Grayson. Grayson and I nodded each others head at one another before looking back at the front.

Coincidently, Mr. Hines always seemed to pair Grayson and I together. Although we never successfully get a project done, the number one reason why I'm failing this class, he still puts us up with one another. Not really complaining though. At least I have someone fun to do the project with instead of an annoying nerd or something.

"Grayson," Mr. Hines announces finally. Gray and I look at each other again before the other person is called, "and Megan" he says. My stomach drops as I look at Mr. Hines who was looking at me. He gave me an evil smile and shrugged his shoulders. What a fucking bastard. Now let's see what idiot I got paired wi-

"Ethan and Rose" he says. I furrow my eyebrows as I look around the room. I didn't even know we had a Rose in this class, what the hell? As everyone around us began to sit by their partners, I looked around the big classroom trying to look for this so-called "Rose". As I turn back to my desk, a short girl stands in front of me. She looks up at me and rolls her eyes before sitting next to me. I can't help but look at her. She had a beautiful body. She had more thicker thighs that complimented her hour glass shape. She was pretty small but also thick- just my type. She had shining brown hair and bright, hazel eyes. Her complexion was quite pale but had a tint of tan to it.

"Mr. Dolan," Mr. Hines calls, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look back at him and sink down in my seat. Everyone in the class laughs before he begins talking again. I ignore him, again, and look back at Rose. She was so enchanting. I couldn't help but stare at her. I could tell she knew of my staring for a small smile began to form on her face. She adjusted herself in her seat which for some odd reason turned me on. Suddenly the bell rang and totally alarmed me. I jumped a tad which earned a slight giggle from Rose. She looked at me and winked before getting up and grabbing her stuff.

"Wait!" I stop her. She turns around as I try getting out my words. "Uh-um, I need your number so we can text about the project," I say. She nods gently before putting her hand out. I stare at it for a moment before pulling out my phone and awkwardly handing it to her. She tries typing in my passcode, "oh, sorry, here I'll unlo-" I'm cut off as she gains access. "What the fu-" she stops me as she hands me back my phone. She then begins walking out of the classroom, her hips swaying lightly.

•••

After English is lunch. The best part of the day. Not only do we have freedom to either leave the campus and eat somewhere out but we also have decent food in our cafeteria. Well- it being mostly filled with chips and cookies.

As I exit the classroom, I catch up with Grayson and Jack, a close friend of ours.
"Yo, I heard you got paired up with Rose?" Jack says as he finishes giving me a high five as a greeting. I nod and shrug, "Yeah, I didn't even know she was in our class or even went here."

"She's new. Apparently she started coming on Monday but I've only seen her today," Jack says as we begin making our way to the Cafeteria. "Really? Maybe she skipped although I don't really take her as a 'bad ass' type..she's more odd," I chuckle.

"Odd? How?" Grayson asks. "Well, I asked the chick for her number, for the project, and her ass typed in my passcode without hesitation. First try too. Like she didn't even have to think, she knew it straight away."

"I'm not shocked. People have said she was a bit off. She hasn't said a word since she's arrived here," Jack says. Not surprised. She didn't talk to me once.

"God, why did I have to be paired with a total weirdo?" I ask as we enter the cafeteria. As we made our way in, crowds of people begin forming around one specific table.

Curiosity got the best of me and I walked towards the crowd. I pushed past people to see Rose in the middle. She was looking down at her feet as Jerod, the biggest fuckboy ever, continuously threw catcalls at her. Everyone around was laughing and joining in.

"What the fuck, Jerod? Seriously?" I shout as I push him back. Jerod and I are on the football team and are pretty close. I could tell he was quite confused at first, almost thinking I was kidding until I spoke up, "Leave her the fuck alone."

"Wow, Dolan, all of a sudden you have a heart? How many girls have you done this to? Probably more than you can keep count of, huh? Fuck off already, man," he says before going closer to Rose.

"No, actually, Jerod. I've never tried harassing a girl or anyone because unlike you I actually have respect for people!" I shout.

"Oh really?" Jerod shouts back as he turns around to me.

"Yes, really, you dumb piece of shi-"
Before I could continue my sentence, the principal breaks through the crowds.

"Boys! Quiet the shouting! God, I don't want another fight breaking out today. Both of you, away from the girl!" He shouts. The both of us step away into the crowd. Mr. Dundy turns to the rest of crowd, "and you all, mind your own business! Go eat!"

Everyone flees from the scene but Rose, Jerod, and I. The principal orders Jerod to come to his office with him causing the whole room to go silent. No one dared to speak as Jerod was escorted out. Once he was out, everyone went on to gossip about the whole situation. Typical high school talk.

I look over to Rose who still had her head down. I stick my hand under her chin as I lift her head up, "hey, I'm sorry about Jerod."
She smiles slightly before removing my hand from her face. She looks me in the eyes before mouthing "thank you" and with that she was off.

I watched as she exited the cafeteria, not even looking back once. I sigh before I hear Jack from behind me, "wowie, looks like lil' Ethan here has a crush" he says in a baby voice. I turn around and shove him, "Ha ha, funny."

•••

I changed the plot up a tad so that it's Ethan's POV.

I decided to make Rose a bit more mysterious than going in from her perspective and giving away her whole situation and shit.

Plus it's something new, yanno? It's always the girls POV about how mysterious one of the twins are. I decided to switch it around to make it seem more like Ethan was really going after her.

Plus, all the chapters won't be quite this long :/

Anyways,

PEACE! 🖕🏼