2

~TRIGGER WARNING ~
Flashbacks might be triggering I just wanted to warn you guys. Don't ever hurt yourself guys I love you my turtles🐢

~~~~~~

I had just walked out of my room while Kellin had just came out of the cafeteria.

"Hey Kellin." I mumbled as he walked by my side.

"Hey Jack, I was looking for you actually. I saw you run out of the cafeteria a little while ago, and I was just wondering if you were okay?"

"Kellin I don't think any of us are really okay, I sighed. But yeah I'm fine I guess just nervous about getting a roommate." I lied.

"Your getting a roommate?" He asked.

"Yeah, I haven't met him yet but he's supposed to be in group I think."

"Sweet, good luck." Kellin smiled.

"Your rooming with Vic right?" I asked.

"Yeah, He's actually really nice." He said with a small blush as we entered the Day room.

"Good morning everyone." Mr Way said excitedly.

I had no idea how anyone could act so happy in a place like this. I mean honestly Mr Way or "Gerard" as he insisted on being called. He acts like a kindergarten teacher and treated us like children. Which irritates me to no end.

"We have someone new joining us today.Would you like to introduce yourself Mr Gaskarth?"

He rolled his eyes and didn't answer.

"That's 3 points for rolling your eyes Alex." Mr Way sighed.

Alex smirked and took a seat next to Oliver.

"For the next few weeks were going to be doing music therapy, you'll be doing this project with a partner. Your partner will be your roomates, each pair will write a song together and if you want you can choose to perform it in two weeks. The point of this is to pour your heart into your lyrics, I want you to express your happiness, anger, sadness, or anything else you maybe feeling. But like I said before you don't have to perform your song."

"I will each give you a notebook for you to write down your lyrics.
If you don't want to write a song you may draw or write poems. "
Mr Way said happily.

I glanced over at Alex out of curiosity, obviously he was the boy from the hall earlier, he had the same honey colored hair and deep brown eyes. I must have been staring for to long because Alex scowled when he caught my gaze. I looked away quickly I stuffed my hands in my pockets as I stared down at the tiled floor.

Mr Way then went around the circle asking everyone how they felt today and what they would rate today so far. 1 being to lowest and 10 being the highest. Not long after that he dismissed us.

I stood up and walked over to Alex.

"Hi"

He didn't reply.

"I'm Jack , and your Alex right?" I asked timidly.

He rolled his eyes.

"I um have to go.Bye" I muttered and gave him a small wave as I left the day room.

I couldn't breathe, it felt like everything was crashing down again. I couldn't move, I was frozen. I could feel my mind dragging me back to that faithful night where it all started.

~Flashback ~

I dug threw my step fathers medicine cabinet and grabbed a bottle of pain pills. I took half the bottle and then drunk a bottle of vodka. Despite the alcohol and drugs Tears stained my face and hands as I ran from that house. I was tired of him hurting me I wanted it to all stop... I'm tired of having him bruise my body, I'm tired of him telling me I'm worthless. You can only be told that so many times until you actually believe it. I couldn't take the bullying it was enough to get abused at home, but to go to school and get beaten too. I couldn't take it anymore so now I wouldn't have to. I wiped my eyes on my sleeve as I climbed on the edge of the bridge. I let out what I thought was my last breath as I stepped that half a step to my death. To freedom. But just as I took that step someone wrapped there arms around my waist and pulled me back. I screamed,cried, kicked at my "savior" but in my eyes all they did is prolonged my misery. Then everything went black....

~End of Flashback ~

I was shaking and tears were streaming down my cheeks. I wiped my cheeks as I sat up in my bed. It took me a second but I think I remember running in here right before I broke down. It looks like it was at least 7 o'clock because the sun seemed to be setting.

"Jack it's time for dinner"one of the nurses called as she knocked on the door.

I stood up quickly, opened my door and started my way down the hall to the cafeteria

As I was walking a hand wrapped around my wrist, another covered mouth and I was then pulled in to a closet.

"Hi Jacky." Jaime said.

My eyes widened in fear.

"What do you want Jaime? Please just leave me alone."I said as I reached for the door handle but he stepped in front of the door. Before I could open it.

"Jack can't we just talk? Can I at least know why you broke things off with me?"

"We've been through this. If you really loved me you wouldn't have hurt me but you did anyway. Just leave me alone" I huffed.

"I've told you I'm sorry isn't that enough! " He hissed.

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"Shut up" he huffed and slapped me.

I whimpered and fell to the ground. He kicked my ribs and stomach as I cried and pleaded for him to stop.

"Please Jaime, please just stop!"

He knelt to the ground as tears threatened to fall from my eyes.

"If you know what's best for you Jack you should keep your mouth shut about our little argument." Jaime hissed.
~~~

Okay so I know that so far there hasn't been any Jalex yet, but there will be soon I promise. Love you my turtles 🐢