8

~ A few hours later ~

Alex just came back from lunch he was sitting in a chair by my bedside. Mr Way and nurses have been in and out all day so he's just been here keeping me company ..... just like old times.

"Alex can I ask you something?" I said to break the silence. 

"What... what happened to you? How did you get here?"

"I'll tell you but you have to tell me your story too. All of it."
He sighed.

"Deal..."

"Well uh where do I start. He huffed. My mom... she used to poison my bother Tom and I. She would take us to the doctor and sell our medication. One day Tom just couldn't take it anymore and he... well you know. My own mother killed her son. My brother... my best friend.
She didn't even say sorry. She cried fake tears at the funeral but after that day she never shed a tear. It destroyed me and she didn't even pay attention. A few months after Tom passed."A few tears fell to his cheeks but he quickly wiped them away ad continued. "I... started hurting myself because I just couldn't take it anymore. I tried to kill myself twice before I got here. The first time I tried slitting my wrists but Rian found me at school. The second time I tried slitting again some old lady at the park found me and called the police ."
He explained.

I had no idea that all this was happening... I mean i knew about your panic attacks and self harm... but I thought you were clean." I whispered.

"I was... for a little while. But after I went back to Essex I got a lot worse. My mom dropped me off with some of her friends and that's when they admitted me.

"I'm sorry you ended up here." I whispered.

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault" He mumbled.

I took his hand and pulled his sleeve up a little and placed tiny kisses on each scar on his pale skin.
He tried to pull his arm away at first but then he relaxed.

"Your beautiful even with these." I said quietly.

"Can you please tell me what happened to you?" He asked hesitantly.

"Yeah. I'll try to tell you at least.... When I was a baby my real dad left my mom and I so it was just us and who ever she let in her bed. I huffed.
Until she met Ronnie and she married him.... he was an alcoholic and he... beat me .... and did other things to me." I said as I let out a shaky breath. "Then I'd go to school and get beaten up by Zack and his friends. One day I just couldn't take the beatings anymore and I got drunk and ran away from home to that old bridge. I was only half a step away from freedom until someone saved me and called the cops.
And now here we are."

"I'm sorry he hurt you." Alex said sadly.

"There wasn't anything you could have done Alex. Its fine.I'm sorry about Tom and I'm sorry that your mom hurt you."

"Its okay." He said.

Not long after that Jenna knocked on my door with my lunch and my medication.

"Hey Jenna." I said with a roll of my eyes.

" Hi Jack , How are you feeling?" She questioned and gave me my medicine.

I quickly took it and handed her the empty paper cup and she handed me a tray.

"Thanks Jenna. I was starving." I huffed.

"No problem Jack I volunteered to help take care of you while you're in this part of the hospital." She smiled and wrapped new bandages around my waist.

I hissed in pain the whole time though because it hurt really really bad.

"I can get you some medicine for your pain if you need me to." She stated.

"Yes please." I huffed.

She handed me a small pill and some more water.

I took it quickly and began to eat a sandwich.

"I'll let you eat. Push that button if you need me." she smiled.

"Thanks again Jenna." I said as she left the room.

I finished eating and pushed my tray away.

~ A few hours later~

Alex left for closing therapy not to long ago so I knew Mr Way and a nurse would be in here soon. Alex brought my book for me earlier so at least I had that to do. Kellin and Tony came to see me a few hours ago I've been in this side of the hospital for at least a week so I missed seeing them. They really are good guys and plus they make it more bearable here. They haven't been here as long as I have. Kellin has been here for a month and Tony as been here for a month and a half. Normally people don't stay here as long as I have but I refuse to eat sometimes and I've tried to hurt myself a few times so they won't release me. 

Mr Way opened my door and interrupted my thoughts.

"Good evening Jack. How are you? " He asked in his usual happy voice.

"I'm pretty good." I said.

What would you rate today Jack 1 being the worst and 10 being the best.

"8" I stated.

"Good ,Good. Can you tell me one good thing that has happened to you today?" He questioned.

"Well Kellin and Tony came to see me today so I was pretty happy to see them." I said.

"That's great!"

"If you continue to have days like this without hurting yourself I can definitely see you getting out of here in a month." He smiled.

I nodded happily because if I get out next month I'll be turning 18 so I won't have to live with my mom anymore.

Mr Way patted my shoulder as a nurse came in to change my bandages. 

"Well I'll leave the nurses to take care of you I'll see you in the morning . Good night Jack." He said as he left my room.

The nurse gave me some more medication for my pain and changed my bandages. After she left I fell asleep with hope of getting out in a month.

Thank you for reading my beautiful turtles🐢