Chapter 3

This song almost made me cry

I step outside. Sweet autumn air swirls around me. Leaves tickle at my feet. I take a long route today, I need more time to think. I walk down several streets before I realize I am completely lost. Fear floods my insides. I should have brought my phone!

A truck drives down the street with something illegible scrawled on the side. I make the decision to follow it, knowing that the driver can probably help me find home.

I run to catch up to it before it jolts to a stop. The driver jumps out, he holds some machine, that he points it at me. I wave at the man and call to him, casually, wondering why he stares at me with a frown.

"Excuse me, Mr. I went on a walk and I can't find my way home." He continues to glare at me. "Mr, is everything alright?" I can barely make out the last part of my sentence before he charges at me. 

It only takes me a second to understand his motives, he plans to kidnap me. I run as fast as I can go, glad my endurance is so high. I run faster, each step propelling me farther from the man. I watch each of the street names as they dart past me, Jones, Ribboth, Eagle's Ravine, Eagle's Nest, Eagle's Perch, until finally I see one labeled Clark. 

I run down until I see my Green house and wonder why I couldn't find it before. I throw open the door and then lock it. I peer out the window. I see the man turn down my street. He is wearing a green shirt that resembles my eyes. His chest heaves up and down, it is evident that he is panting. I place my hand on my chest and still feel no noticeable movement, even after sprinting at least a mile. He comes closer before I realize my two brothers are standing behind me.

"Sammy, what is wrong?" Mako says looking up at me with his beautiful brown eyes.

"Yeah you are acting like a total weirdo" Simon sneers.

"That man, is trying to kidnap me." Simon quirks an eyebrow.

"Okay then, weirdo" He says as I grab onto his arm.

"Please, I need your help!" Simon shakes his arm from my steel grip, he only manages to free it because I let him. I glance out the window before quickly rushing to my room. Mako follows me. I grab everything that would be necessary. The meds that I was found with that I needed to take once a month. There were only two left. I also grabbed a blanket and some clothes. As I ran out the room, the half-opened bag scraped the starry wall, causing a star to fall into it. In frustration I grabbed tightly onto the zipper and pulled. I run to the back door.

"I'll be back Mrs. Hale, Mr. Hale!" I shout, knowing my words are false.

Simon walks up to me. "They aren't even here." I look at him quizzically, not understanding what he meant. "Errands." Great, so they won't even know where I am. I look at Mako who is clinging to my side. I need to go.

"Goodbye Mako." I kiss his head and look at Simon.

"Goodbye Simon." I give him a side hug. A loud thump sounds from the foyer. Then another. The man is breaking the door down, I realize quickly. "Mako is all yours. You don't have to be jealous anymore." I pull Mako off of me and push him towards Simon and run out the door.