Chapter 6

Camila

          After overhearing Lauren and normani's conversation I took a few days to myself to try and figure out how I would handle things. What I would do with the new information I had. I tried to spend a week without Lauren in my life and I came to the conclusion that life sucked without her. She didn't have a clue I was doing this mostly because she was locked away Day and Night either in her office or at the lab. This apparently was the busiest time of the year for her because she had so much preparation to do.

Ignorance is bliss. So I decided to ignore and just forget what I had overheard that night. And I know what your think, how could you be this pathetic?, how can you be this stupid? And so on. But as much as I try I can't seem to let go of her. She's my heaven and hell. She's the best girlfriend in the world when she's around and when she's not she's the worst girlfriend in the world because well I think she's with another woman. I'm in love with Lauren Jauregui and at this point I'll take her any way that I can, even if that means I have to share her. She's the worst addiction one can have. I know it's wrong, I know I should stop but I simply can't, I have to have her no matter how bad she is for me.

Things between us have been great considering our issues. Shawn and Lucy's son was born less than a month ago. Archer Jude Mendes was his name. I wouldn't expect anything less from Lucy. He was a healthy 7 pound pale, with light brown hair boy. He had his fathers brown eyes. It took me all of two week to finally corner Lauren into visiting the happy family and meet the new member. She looked uncomfortable the whole time. Dinah and Normani had been going through a bit of a rough patch, turns out the baby talk was a bigger deal than we thought.

     Today was a very uncommon day, it was Wednesday afternoon and Lauren had come home early. Lately she'd been so busy with work and stuff that her being here was like an unsuspecting treat. She had come over to my apartment and we were cuddled up on the couch, giving each other lazy kisses while watching whatever was on tv. After about an hour or so of this Lauren ended up falling asleep, I wasn't upset because I knew how hard she'd been working so I just laid on top of her dozing off as well. Just as I was shutting my eyes someone decided to ring my doorbell.

Lauren is so warm and cuddly I almost ignored it and pretended I wasn't home so the person at the door could leave. But they seemed very persistent. So I grudgingly got up, rubbing my eyes as I answer the door.

"Kaki!!" My sisters shouted.

"Mami? Papa? Sof? Vi?" I say in disbelief. Am I dreaming or is my family standing on my doorstep?

"Surprise!" My mom says outstretching her arms.

"Wha-What are you guys doing here?" I ask, not entirely sure what's going on while I let my mother embrace me in a hug.

"We've missed you Karla, and we felt bad we weren't here for your birthday-" My dad beings to explain but gets interrupted by a very ecstatic Sofi.

"We have a SURPRISE!!" Sofi shouts, I cringe and look back into the living room hoping she didn't wake Lauren up.

"Well do you plan on letting us in or what?" Violetta asks, while she does her little pee dance.

"Uhh...yeah." I say unsure. It's better if they see Lauren asleep on the couch rather then have them wait outside while I wake her up. I can already see my dad freaking out thinking the worst. I'll play it safe and let them see Lauren sleeping on my couch. "Come on in." I add, pushing the door open and letting them in.

I tell Violetta where the bathroom is and I cringe as I wait for my parents to question me about the woman sleeping on my couch.

"Is that who I think it is?" Sofi ask me with a smirk as she looks over at Lauren's sleeping figure.