Epilogue

Camila.

1 year later...

"Today's the last day, are you excited to finally head home?" Rodger my tour manager asked as we walked up to the book signing set up, that had been made for me at a New York book store.

"As much as I enjoy meeting my readers, I can't wait to be back with my family." I answered honestly, being on the road was great and all but not being with Lauren and Eliana was killing me.

           I wrote my first ever romance novel from home, garnered a great audience and even got a contract with a publishing company hence the press tour/book signing. This put our plans to travel the world on hold for a bit unfortunately. Lauren extended her stay at the university and brought Eli to work with her everyday. The university didn't mind so much as long as Lauren was still teaching her classes. Eli had just turned 3 and of course we had another over the top party but again it was totally worth it. She was still a very shy and calm child so we hardly ever had to deal with temper tantrums or bratty moments.

Being away from her made me nervous because when she first came home with us, she didn't pay me any attention and was completely attached to Lauren, It took her a while to trust me and now we had just spent 5 weeks away from each other. Of course we FaceTimed but it's not the same as being there. I would be lying if I said I wasn't afraid that she'd forgotten about me.

"Well it won't be much longer, as soon as this is over, you'll be on a plane headed straight to California." He assured me.

The day went by like a flash, I spent about 3 hours meeting and signing copies of my book. And Before I knew it my plane was landing in LAX. After getting my luggage, I was met with the most perfect view, my wife and my daughter holding a very colorful kid inspired poster with the worlds "Welcome Home Mamí" written in bold. We took part in a long overdue group hug, we pulled apart long enough for me to tip toe up and kiss my daughters forehead and then peck Lauren's lips.

I was worried for no reason at all, as soon as she could Eli threw herself into my arms, nuzzling her little face into my neck.

During the drive home, Eli took a nap and Lauren and I caught each other up on what had been going on. She ranted on about how much she "hated" Nala because she was shedding all over the place. Personally I think she secretly loves that cat.

Many months later...

After spending a few weeks home it was time to get back on a plane, this time it was with my family. Our year long world trip was finally happening. We started off in Australia and worked our way up to china, then most of Europe. We were now at the halfway point in our trip. We were in Africa, South Africa to be exact. While Lauren worked, Eli and I did most of the exploring.

          Today we went to the zoo and the hot sun beating down on us really tired out Eliana so she was napping as I waited impatiently for Lauren to get back to our hotel room.

I don't know what made me more nervous waiting for her to get back or hearing her keys rattle around as she entered the room knowing she had in her hands, the major answer to our question.

"I brought like 10  just be sure." She held out the brown grocery bag to me, "I–should I go with you?" She was flushed and sounded nervous.

"Do you want to watch me pee on a stick?" I asked her, trying to ease her nerves, it didn't help. She only turned a brighter red. I couldn't tell if it was from being out in the sun or if she was just blushing.