Part One

RK watched her as she walked into her computer class with her friends from across the road, as usual. And as usual she was oblivious to him. He came here on the pretense of meeting his best friend everyday for the last three months just to catch glimpses of her as she went in and came out of her computer classes. He didn't know her name, her religion, her family background, where she is from, nothing but one thing he knew and that was; she is the one for him. He knew it ever since he saw her the first time in the same road trying to cross it, their eyes had collided for a fleeting moment and in that moment he had fell in love with her. He tried many times to talk to her but something or the other came in his way, and today he was determined to talk to her as he was going home for his summer holidays and before that he had to tell her. Thinking of not seeing her for two months was already killing him and he had made up his mind to talk to her today. He decided to talk to her when she came out of her classes, and so he stood acting as if listening to his friends' talk as his heart hammered against his chest. 

As time ticked away RK grew more anxious waiting for her to come out. RK checked his watch for nth time, 5 more minutes he muttered under his breath. "Hey guys!" Sultan called out as he came towards them surprised. "Hey!" his friends replied.  "What are you all doing here?" Sultan asked as he checked his watch.  "Just hanging out, that is my house." Mukund says pointing to the house behind him. "Oh okay!" Sultan says as he looks at Mukund's house. "What are you doing here?" Mukund asked. "I came to meet someone here." Sultan replies as he looks around. "Here? Who?" "Someone.. oh there she is.. One sec, guys." With that Sultan runs off to the other side of the road as RK watched in shock Sultan talking to his girl. "That might be his girlfriend. " RK hears Saket guessing. His girl is Sultan's girlfriend? How can that be possible? She is his.  His heart said as he watched her talk to Sultan, smiling at him as she took a packet from him. A few seconds later, hugging him happily she went waving him bye. Sultan stood there watching her leave for a couple of seconds and then came back to join RK and his friends. A heartbroken RK watched as she got into a bus with her friends and left. 

"Who was that?" Saket asks Sultan, at the same time Mukund asks "Is that your girlfriend?" RK wanted to smack off the smile from Mukund's face for having the audacity to even think of his girl with Sultan.  "Hahaha Trishna will kill you and then me if she hears that. Madhubala is my sister's best friend." Sultan says chuckling, turning to Saket he asks "Haven't you seen her with Purvi in college?" RK looks at Sultan in shock "She is in our college?" "Yeah!" Sultan says confused with RK's sudden excitement. "Ohmigod! I never knew that. And what did you say her name is? Madhubala?" RK asks smiling and then softly whispers her name, Madhubala.  "Why are you suddenly so interested in her?" Mukund asks suspiciously. "I told you, there is another reason for him to come here other than to meet you." Saket exclaims loudly. RK starts blushing slightly then turning to Sultan RK says "Give me her phone number." "I don't have her number." "Ask your sister." "No ways.. Then she will start blackmailing me with that." "You won't do this for friendship?" Mukund suddenly steps in to help his best friend. "Don't do this to me guys!" Sultan pleads as he watched the guys making puppy faces at him. "Please Sultan' I'm going home today and I won't be able to see her for two months! Think of it, TWO MONTHS!!!" "Huh? Why is that?" Sultan asks confused. "Because I live in Mumbai!" RK says. "So does Madhu." Sultan says giving RK weird looks. "WHAT? Where in Mumbai?" RK asks excited. "I don't know. All I know is that she is leaving by today's Mumbai Rajadhani at 4:30, and will be back only when college reopens." Sultan says. Suddenly Mukund starts frowning at him "How do you know so many details on her? Don't you dare eye her! She is your bhabhi!" Sultan rolls his eyes "I know because before Purvi left for Simla today, she asked me to give Madhu a packet today itself before she leaves for Mumbai by 4:30 train."

All this while RK was lost in his thoughts, suddenly taking his mobile out he starts dialing a number. A guy picks up the phone at the other end. "Hey Alaap, which train are you going home in?" RK asks, suddenly everyone stopped talking as they listened to RK on the phone. "Mumbai Rajdhani why?" Alaap asks back. "4:30 one?" "Yeah! What happened?" "How would you like to take a first class flight to Mumbai?" "I would love it." Alaap says excited "But why?" "I need your tickets." "Oh.. But RK, my ticket is second class sleepers and that too RAC. Few minutes ago I checked and it is RAC 27 I doubt you will get a berth." "I don't care, I just want the tickets." "Then you got it." "Great! Thanx. Will come to hostel in a few minutes." saying that RK hangs up. All his friends start screaming excitedly and hugging him.