CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2

I gazed in wonder out of the window. Space was so beautiful. Then I caught sight of her. The Enterprise. NCC - 1701. That's where I'll be living for 2 years. While most of me was excited at the chance I'd got , a part of me was homesick. I wouldn't see my parents and my younger brother for 2 years..  I shook my head. Enough with the melancholy thoughts!

Finally , we landed. "Let's go." Deep said. So I went. "We'll both be blue shirts  , right?" I nodded. 

"I'm supposed to go to the Medical Bay to Dr. Leonard McCoy." "And I'm supposed to go to the Engineering deck to Mr. Montgomery Scott. All I know about their location is that they're at opposite ends from each other. See  ya , Centipede. " "Don't call me that. Bye , Deep." , I glared at him as he used the nickname my mom used for me. I love my mom , but she comes up with the weirdest nicknames .

I looked for a blue shirt and after a few minutes , a scowling man in his 30's appeared. "Excuse me." "What?" He barked at me. "I'm looking for a Dr. McCoy." I said , annoyed. "You're looking at him , kid."  "You're the CMO?" "In the flesh. Whaddya want me for?" he asked , a bit of a southern drawl in his voice. " I'm your new medical assistant. Sanya Reza." "You? You don't even look legal." "I'm 18 , sir. I assure you , I'm perfectly capable." " I need to get to the bridge. Come with me , Reza. " "Yes , sir." "Call me Bones." "Ok."

On the way he asked me where i was from as it was clear I wasn't from America. I told him that I was from India and he grinned and said , " Sulu will be happy to see another Asian."

The bridge. The main console of the ship. It was fascinating. I never was very fond of maths and computers but wow. Bones went to speak ..er , argue with a very handsome man with dark blond hair and blue eyes. Captain James T. Kirk. I looked around. A man with weird eyebrows and pointy ears , a beautiful dark woman with her hair in a ponytail , an Asian man at the Console who I presumed was Sulu, where I think the pilot sat and ......wow. He was adorable . Curly golden brown hair and beautiful turquoise green eyes. Oh wow. Been on this ship 10 minutes and I already have a crush. So typical of me.

"And this is my new assistant doctor , Sanya Reza. She's from India" " Hello , Ms. Reza. I'm the Captain of this fine vessel." " Pleasure to meet you." " Not to offend you , but how old are you? You don't look old enough to be a doctor." 

"I'm 18 , Captain. And I assure you , just as I told Dr. McCoy , I am perfectly capable. I graduated the youngest in my class and the youngest ever in the medical program. I started at Starfleet Academy when I was 15." "Fiesty. I like you. Well , that's Spock " , pointing to the pointy eared man " That's Uhura" the dark woman smiled " that's Sulu " the Asian man grinned at you and " this is or rather was our youngest member . Chekov. As you are just 2 years younger than him, Sanya , I'm sure you'll be good friends ,or who knows , more than friends." Chekov blushed. "Pleazure to meet you. I am Officer Pavel Chekov(he's been on the Enterprise almost 4 years , surely he still isn't an ensign) . " His accent was amazing , so cute. "Same here. Sanya Reza." " Chekov , I'm giving you the rest of the day off , " the Captain said with a smirk ,"Show Sanya here around." "Yes , Keptin." He turned to you and said ,"Shall we?" "Yes , let's go."