Chapter 5: Avril my Old "Friend"

Teddy's P.O.V

And now I'm here. It's been three three years since I escaped that psycho maniac.

After that experience, my mother was so shaken that she convinced my dad to find a job in another town. She said she wanted to ensure my safety, but my dad and I both knew that she didn't want to live in a town with a crazy mass murderer on the loose. Since we both know life will be just easier if we do what she asks, dad immediately got to work on finding a new job, selling the house, and finding a new one as well. We were moved out of that town in about three months and we moved into a regular two-story, single family home. That's where I've spent the past three years of my life... without Avril. In the quaint town of Maydelen Valley, I attend Crest Hill High where I've met and developed strong bonds with two actual friends and even a really sweet girlfriend...

"Hooooooooooooonk" I groan. Rolling over in my sleep. "Hoooooooooonk Hoooooooooooonk" I groan even louder into my comforter, smashing my head deeper into the cushion. "Hoooooooooonk Honk Honk Hooooooooooooonk" I take the pillow and smash it over the top of my head, hoping to drown out the incessant honking that is directly outside my window. I try to go back to sleep, thinking that someone's alarm was just going off and it will eventually stop. It doesn't.

My mind is fully awake but still groggy at the same time. I slink out of bed with the utmost grace of a corpse and trudge toward my window. Once I open one of the curtains, I am hit with a brilliant, blinding light.

I wipe some of the crust from my eyes and shove my face back between the gap of curtain and wall, forcing myself to readjust to the harsh rays. When my eyes adapt, I try to locate my rude awakener. I spot a glistening Camaro GM convertible. It's top is rolled down, allowing the wind to pass through the driver's hair who is still honking the goddam horn. My eyes drift toward the front door, where another all too familiar person stands, wearing the uniform of Crest Hill High.

I groan loudly into the space of my bedroom and sluggishly head over towards my closet, where I pull my clothes from their places. Even though my mind is still half asleep, I manage to quickly slip on the uniform that consists of a white cotton polo shirt, long pair of royal blue pants, a set of black slip ons, and the royal blue blazer that is embedded with our symbol and mascot, the blue jay.

I tiredly clomp down the stairs, still in my zombified stupor. I continue to lumber my way toward the door, and as I walk by the kitchen, I give a wave and a shout of "I'm gone!"

I lurch onto my porch and come to a halt as the sun's rays beat down on my mind, body, and soul. My eyes finally adjust and my mind awakens even more when a hand clamps down onto my right shoulder and shakes me a bit.

A clearly agitated voice speaks to me in a rushed tone. "About time you got up. Now, come on. Hop in the car, and let's get moving. You know I hate being late, thanks to both of you lazy brains."

In an instant my eyes and mind are wide awake, and I jet toward the black vehicle. The other seems to follow suit, but he's too late because I've already bolted myself into the passenger seat. My lips widen into a smirk as I tilt my head toward him. My best friend, Reizo's, piercing blue eyes glaring into my chocolate orbs and his mouth formed into a deep frown of even further agitation. After he sacrificed enough time to show his disapproval of my quick actions, he swiftly pivots and sits in the backseat without any further complaints.

I tap the driver on the shoulder, jolting him awake. He promptly snaps his head in my direction so that I can see his startled mango colored eyes, soulless looking face, and disheveled uniform. I hold in a snicker as I inform him while pointing at his uniform, "You wanna fix that before getting to school?"