Chapter 9: Avril my Santa Part 1

Teddy's P.O.V

"Teddy, Reizo, Nathan, Avril... We've got a problem!" Shelby comes shouting as she rushes toward our table, before proceeding to slam her lunch tray down upon it.

I open my mouth to question about the problem when Nathan holds out his hand, palm skyward, and requests, "Ahem. Fries first."

"Oh yeah. Sorry." She retrieves from her tray a red and white plaid boat that holds the fried potato slices and hands them off to their anticipating recipient, who immediately pops one in his mouth.

He grumbles a thanks through chewing teeth before finally asking the question that has been on all our minds for the past several seconds. "Okay. What's wrong?"

"It's almost Christmas break!" she shrieks.

We wait for her to continue, but she doesn't say anything. Nathan pops another fry in his mouth as he rolls his hand clockwise, beckoning for her to continue. "Aaannndd..."

Shelby looks at us with shock and disbelief ripe on her face. "Come on, guys! We got plannin' to do! It's almost Christmas break, and we have no idea what we're doing for it!"

Nathan's eyes widen at the realization. Suddenly he throws his arms up in the air and curses, "Oh shit! You're totally right. What are we doing, guys?!" Everyone but Shelby noting the playful exaggeration in his voice.

Reizo rolls his eyes at their antics, but then moves his glasses further up his nose, taking on a business-like air. "Well what do you exactly have in mind that we do? We could spend a day together, a weekend, or the entirety of break."

"You guys decide. I don't care since I'm probably going to be crashing at one of your places anyway." Nathan inputs.

"You know it's rude to impart yourself onto others by coming over uninvited, and staying as an unwelcome guest." Reizo retorts.

"Hey I didn't say it was going to be you... But if it was, I know you enjoy having me around. I add some much needed fun into your life, Rei."

Reizo just rolls his eyes before continuing the conversation. "Well what about you, Teddy? Shelby? If you want to, Avril, you can join in on our yearly festivities."

Shelby slides into a seat next to Avril, and grips both of the other female's hands in between her own before bubbly commenting, "Yeah! And even though it'd be great and tooooooooootally super fun if you come, you don't have to if you don't want to."

Avril slides back in her seat, clearly trying to wiggle her hands out of Shelby's grasp. Unsuccessful, she keeps trying, but neither Shelby, Reizo, or Nathan notice Avril's rapid flickering of her "help me" eyes as she fidgets inconspicuously in her chair.

Avril was clearly uncomfortable, probably not used to the whole social norms of having fun. Even though I was thoroughly enjoying her suffering, silently writhing in the misery of a "friend" isn't exactly friendly. So to keep with our deal, I bail her out with a simple, "Hey Shelby! You didn't answer Reizo's question." I chuckle, "And you're the one who really wants to do this."

In a flash, Shelby drops Avril's hand and whips around to face me with wide eyes. With hands over her gaping mouth, she lets out a fake, exaggerated gasp. "Are you saying, you aren't excited to spend the entirety of Christmas break together?!"

"No, I didn't say that." I expectantly look to Reizo, hoping that he will redirect the conversation.

He responds with an understanding head nod. "Sounds like Shelby already has some ideas in mind. Do you mind informing the rest of us of how you want to spend the time?"