Chapter 36

"You really like this dick of a guy?" Niall screams and points to Harry. I shouldn't have said anything. I shouldn't have even kissed him, but I did! And I'm proud?

"Not exactly, it's just,"

"Complicated?" Niall whispers, staring down at his fingers while he picks at the skin around his nail. His mood has gone from angry to almost understanding in only a few seconds and it kind of scares me. What if he was pretending to love me too?

"I guess." I agree with him and look around the party. Everyone who was observing us has continued their drinking or drug use. I want to hurry up and leave this party, fast.

"I'm gonna walk home." I tell them both. I exit quickly rushing through the crowds. A cold wind blows in my direction as I step outside. Goosebumps rise on the skin of my arms and I thank myself that I wore jeans instead of a dress.

"Wait!" Harry's voice stops me from taking any more steps down the sidewalk and his hand grips my arm.

"I'll drive you home." He suggests.

"No, it's fine. I'm sure you want to stay at this dreadful party." I roll my eyes and walk down the drive way.

"No, it's fine, really. I want to leave anyways and we live in the same household, remember?" I grin at my stupidity of forgetting we live together and nod my head. He leads me to his car and lets me open my own door. I wish he would have opened it for me like the few times he had in the past.

"You cold?" Harry's fingers hover over the dial that controls the heat. I rub my hands down my arms and nod fastly, teeth chattering.

The drive is warm and quiet, my head resting against the cold window and Harry driving to the house. My eyes are wide open due to the alcohol still roaming around in my veins. It seems longer than usual to get to the house and every minute I'm dreading it. I should be worried about him drinking and driving since it's illegal but I'm too lazy to reprimand him about his stupidity.

"Are we almost there?" I whine to Harry.

"Yes, we're in the neighborhood." He huffs and parks his car in front of the house.

My stomach is killing me and I have a massive head ache, making my head throb by the second. As soon as we enter the house, I gag on my spit and cover my mouth with one hand while the other holds my stomach.

"Are you okay?" Harry drops his keys on the table in the hallway. I shake my head no and rush to the downstairs bathroom. I empty the alcohol that has been in my system for only an hour and lay on the floor.

Harry arrives in the door way with a bottle of water and two pills in his hand.

"First time drinking, gotta love it." He smirks and hands me the water and Advil. I thank him and drop one pill at a time in the back of my throat and wash it down with the cold water. The taste of vomit is still in my mouth and it makes me want to puke even more. I swallow down the bile rising in my throat.

"How was it?" I lean back against the ice cold tub next to the toilet and look up at him.

"How was what?" He asks. He knows what I'm talking about.

"You know, the"

"Kiss?" He finishes. I nod.

"We've had a few others, like New Year's, but this one... I can't really explain." His slim fingers touch his bottom lip as if he's reminincing the times we have kissed. This one was different, even though we were both drunk. It showed passion, mainly from me, but laced with jealousy from Niall and Tasha, that bitch.

"Yeah, I know what you mean."

We stay in silence looking around the bathroom not knowing what to say. I'm not good in these kind of awkward silences, especially with a person in the room that I like but hate. My hatred has subsided as time goes on, though. After me moving in with him while my mother searches for a house out of this state, hopefully not country. I haven't thought much about her lately, nor have I talked to her. I miss her so much.

"Are you hungry?" Harry interrupts my thoughts.

"Not that much." I half lie. My stomach isn't on a full rampage of growling so I think I'll be fine.

"Yes you are, you just threw up all the food that was in you so you have to be."

"I'm not hungry, Harry." My patience slowly decreases as he keeps on insisting for me to eat. I finally agree on eating and he seems pleased that he has won.

"We got chicken, pickles, ham, bacon,"

"Bacon!" I shout. He looks back at me like I'm a crazy woman but hey, I love me some bacon!

"Okay then, you cook this while I do something unproductive." He throws the bacon on the marble island and runs out of the kitchen.

"Hey!" I chase him around the living room and up the stairs.

"Cook that bacon or else I will kill you!" I threaten playfully.

"Ohhh, I'm soooo scared!" He looks back from running down the upstairs hallway and smiles.

Harry approaches his bedroom and opens the door but trips over his carpet.

"Haha, looks like you're cooking tonight, buddy." I laugh and point at him on the ground.

"Whatever, loser." He grabs my calf and pulls it towards him causing me to fall back on to the floor on my butt.

"Ow, that really hurt!" I rub my back and pout.

"Awww, baby Cally has an ouchie." He frowns. My stomach turns at him calling me 'baby Cally.'

We laugh together. But when we make eye contact our actions come to a hault. As he's lying on the ground on his side and I on my butt, something erupts inside of me. Could we work?

"What would you do if I," He starts but I interrupt him by crashing my lips on to his, answering his unfinished question. Our lips move together beautifully in sync. Everything in this moment seems perfect, except for the fact the it isn't perfect. I'm technically still dating Niall, not for long I don't think since tonight. But what difference does that make? The other times we have kissed, Niall and I were dating so what makes this so different?

Harry's tongue tries to slither in to my mouth but I stop before he has the chance.

"Wait."

"What?"

"You don't even like me." I say. I don't know that for sure but it's just an assumption that I'd believe to be true.

"Who said that?" He asks and leans back on his elbows.

"I just thought since,"

"Since what?" I shrug.

"You kind of hated me before we actually started talking." It's true. We only started talking because of that stupid History project.

"Yeah, about that." His hand rubs the back of his neck, a gesture I've seen him do many times before.

"We need to talk about that."

A/N

I said I'd update, I keep promises! Some.....

But anyways, I luvv y'all for over 27,ooo reads, thank you sooo much! I love every single one of you!!!

QOTC/ What's your current favorite song? (Besides any One Direction songs) I really need new songs on my phone and suggestions would be great:)

Mine are Chocolate by 1975, All of Me by John Legend, and Do I Wanna Know by the Artic Monkeys.