Just a Coinidence

(Sadie's POV)

   After the conversation with this person escalated, things just kept bringing me down into a more depressive state than I was before. So much of this person reminded me of Lars, and the more that I thought about him, the more I wanted to call him and apologize for the way I acted instead of actually talking to him. Eventually the conversation slowed down and gave me an idea.

"Hey how about you call that person that you upset today and I'll try to talk to my person about why I was upset, instead of just ignoring it and waiting for tomorrow for the tension to rise." I suggested.

"Sounds like a plan.. if she will pick up. I've already called multiple times without success but I guess there's no harm in trying." They replied.

"Haha yeah. I'll let you know how it goes."

   I moved my laptop to the side and just starred at my phone on the other side of the bed. I don't even know how I should bring up the situation. With little thought, I reached for my phone  and saw the 11 missed calls and 4 unread messages from Lars. I opened my phone and read through the messages, one by one.

"Sadie please answer"

"This is all a misunderstanding. I didn't mean to upset you"

"Sadie I'm sorry"

"Look. I'll leave you alone for now but I really didnt mean to upset you the way I did. I'm an idiot and if there were a way to fix this I would"

   I started to become frustrated with myself. I caused him to be upset and I shouldn't have gotten so heated. Without hesitation, I pressed call. The sudden nervousness that presented itself is almost unbearable to the point where I started to lift my phone away to hang up. Before I was able to even lift my other hand, there was a voice on the other end of the line.

"Sadie?!" He said. His voice was raw and yet still as high-pitched as ever.

"I was just about to call you... Look I'm real sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you and well... Sadie are you there?"

"I'm here" I replied, choked up and sounding as if I was about to cry.

"Well I was going to ask you on a date, but I didn't think it through enough."

   At this moment, my cheeks heated up and my eyes started to water. Time seemed to slow, as if I couldn't believe what was happening. Is this a dream?

"Sadie?"

"Lars I'm so sorry for acting the way I did-"

"What? It's not your fault. I should be the one blamed for this, I-"

"No, I should have talked to you instead of giving you the cold shoulder. I'm so sorry Lars."

"Sadie.. Don't be sorry."

   The line was quiet for a few seconds. Almost to the point that it was a bit awkward.

"Hey, how about I come over with some chips and video games and we can just chill for a while?" He asked.

"Yeah.. that would be nice." I replied.

"Haha ok"

   The line was quiet before there was a distinct signal that he had hung up. Why hadn't I thought of this before? I almost forgot about the person that I was talking to over IM. I looked over at my laptop to see a message at the bottom.

"Hey! She actually called me as I was just going to call her. I'm actually going over to her house to hang out. I'll talk to you later! My handle is lars2384"