The Mute Mistress: Chapter 20

*This chapter contains mature content*

Chapter 20

Mary returned to the apartment. As Nellie demanded, she sent a text regarding her returning home safely. Thankfully, her mother and nephew were still asleep. But the reality hit her just as quickly. She was alone again with her thoughts. What was she going to do? Seeing Gene with Rema was the worst possible scenario. No matter how many times she had lucked out before, she constantly considered the possibility of running into them in Sandy Hills. And it happened, and it was awful. Everything was falling apart. Just when she opened her heart again, Rema and Gene appeared as a firm reminder she may always struggle with love.

In the dark, Mary laid on the couch and stared at the streetlight illuminating the ceiling. She wiped her face before plugging in her headphones and closing her eyes. The playlist was on, and she waited for the familiarity to take her far away into a calm place.

Her face was still wet by the third song, but she wore a little smile. She was at a warm beach, walking along the shore and admiring the waves. The water was crystal clear and blue, and the sun warmed her body while the breeze cooled her slightly. Then the song abruptly dipped with a fade. Her eyes shot open, and she checked her phone. Her breath hitched, reading a text from Nathan.

I need to see you.

Her mouth was open. Mary held her hand to her chest before pinching the skin above her nose and forced paced breaths. After all that happened, she still longed for him. But it was wrong. She shouldn't trust him, but how couldn't she when being with him felt so right? The way he saw her and smiled. Somehow that was enough.

Nathan put his phone away after sending the tip to the driver. He said his thanks, shut the door to the small car to the rideshare and turned his eye to the building. Mary opened the cracked glass door, and he wasted no time approaching her face. She looked up and fixed on his lips. Even in the dark, the pain in her eyes was clear. Was he anything like Gene? Would he bring her close just to betray her?

"Hi," he whispered. Her questions felt meaningless when his subtle cologne took her back into his arms from last night.

"Why did you go?"

She didn't know what to say. How could she tell him they made a mistake when she couldn't dare call it that?

Being plagued by the mystery of her disappearance, he felt himself sink when she didn't answer. He could still remember how every part of her tasted. The desperation to have her again made his heart hammer, but for her, he couldn't push. With Mary, he practiced patience like never before. He didn't wish to never be with her again, but if she didn't allow it, he would've been satisfied recounting the passionate night over and over. Please don't turn me away, he thought. He couldn't imagine a life trying to recreate the way he feels with her in another woman. Nathan always communed with impossibility, until her.

"I don't know what happened, and I hope I didn't do anything to hurt you again. But if I did I want to know."

She pushed herself into him, holding tight. There it was again. Folded in his strong arms and pressed against his hard body. Nathan pulled back and rested his hands on her cheeks. Their lips folded together.

"Oh my god," he gasped, before bringing her back to him. His tongue slipped into her mouth and she didn't resist the taste of him. Mary pulled back, grabbing his hand. She tugged him to the first step, but in a quick jerk, she was back in his hold and chained by another kiss. She grabbed his belt. Tilting her head back, watching him raise his brows as he looked down.

He followed her to '405' and quietly entered after her and into a bedroom. "This is your room?" he grinned.

She nodded, putting her index finger over her lips. Mary smiled.

He whispered, "Last time was mine... now it's yours."

His fingers slipped under the hem of her shirt to feel the softness of her warm skin. Eagerly, they traveled up before gripping her shirt to pull from over her head. He pulled her close, holding her tight and pressing his lips to hers.

His fingers unhooked her bra. She looked up to him with lust-filled eyes and backed away to remove her delicate. His attention trickled down her face to her breasts and remembered how she tasted. She slowly unbuttoned his shirt and he shook it away. He grabbed the hem of his undershirt, but she put her hands on his. She paused him with a kiss. A low groan was in his throat, and she kissed under his chin against his Adam's apple. Wanting to remove his undershirt herself, she did so but slowly.

He was desperate for her mouth again. Holding onto her hips he hoisted her up and she wrapped her legs around him. Her back pressed against the wall.

They didn't pull away from one another until She shimmied swiftly out her jeans and underwear and Nathan reached for his wallet to pull a condom. His hands hovered as he watched Mary unbuckle his belt and unbutton his pants. She yanked down and he bounced out of confinement. She licked her lower lip and their eyes met again. He skillfully slipped the protection on and pressed her against the wall before raising her left thigh. He curled his back and guided himself inside of her, kissing her chin as she gasped and rolled her head back against the wall.

Moving slowly, he kissed her neck. Mary covered her mouth briefly before reaching to grip the dresser for support. Her arm hooked around his neck, holding tight against his thrusts. She pressed her lips tightly. Hearing her restraint he whispered, "I want to hear you again."

Grabbing her backside with both hands Nathan carried her away kissing her until he came to his knees and laid her on the ground. She wrapped around him tight. Squeezing her face as he moved faster. By habit, she covered her mouth again, but he pulled back. His hip never stopped, as he rested his elbows to cup her face. What a beautiful sight to see her writhing with pleasure. He shivered, as he was close to releasing, but slowed himself. She hadn't come yet, he wanted to witness her unraveling again before he did.

"I want to make you come over and over again until you want me to stop. Is that what you want?"

Mary nodded. With a grin, he asked breathily, "Are you sure?"

Her answer was the same but more eager. She twisted her face and looked down, watching his hips wind between her legs. He gave a stronger push, bringing her eye back up. A moan staggered from the back of her throat. He did it again and again until she scratched her nails into his shoulders. He upped his rhythm ever so slightly and her eyes fluttered, he knew to keep how he was when she stretched her back and spat a high-pitched gasp. He didn't stop, and she felt the pulsing waves of prolonged pressure and release. She waved her back as she shook and twitched under him. Nathan closed his eyes until he groaned with strain.

In time, they captured their breaths. The euphoria lingered, and she didn't want to leave his arms as they rested on her bed. She didn't want to do anything but remain cradled in his warmth. But she thought relentlessly, wondering why she felt Nathan was so different from Gene when her old love knew her more as a person. When Nathan broke the silence, she found the answer.

"All I want is to wake up next to you." He kept his voice low. "I wish I didn't have to go. I feel safe here."