Chapter 4

This Chapter's dedicated to moiforever
For the fiercely accurate cover of Point A. THANK YOU!!❤❤❤

 THANK YOU!!❤❤❤

COYER

* * *

I ran and ran and ran. I ran until my
knees felt numb and my sporadic breaths bacme laboured and constricted. I ran until I felt my mind detaching itself from that motel room and the reality I dreaded accepting.

He was part of a Secret Society?

I rounded a corner and buzzed right past a chain of tattoo shops. I felt my heart pick up it's pulse pace as I finally took note of my surroundings. I was in a part of town I hadn't been to before and everything around me was new.

The neighbourhood had a very authentic and bare vibe. What you saw was what you got.
There were a couple of kids sitting by a dim tinted shop, playing a game of cards that seemed to spark a lot of disagreement and aruguements. I chuckled at the sheer focus and determination lacing each child's voice as they justified their moves in the game like their lives depended on it. A sure picture of poverty, yet, they looked happy.

The walls that served as the background of the entire scene were decorated in yellow graffiti and blurry chalk markings. Freedom of expression right?

Although their clothes were being eaten away by a series of holes, their brown cracked feet bare and their curly hair drowning in sand that they had probably unsettled in a game of soccer : They were happy.
I would have given anything to have such a simple life, a life so free of any complications, other than arguing on what game to play next to while the time away from school.

But we don't always get want we want, do we?

After the first 5 seconds of the video, I couldn't watch anymore. I had dropped my phone and ran out of the motel room. Coyer and Morgan were seated right outside the door, probably in an attempt to give me some space, but they weren't fast enough to stop me. I needed air and space to simply think. What now?