Chapter 5

"Hey this is Jackson. Warren Jackson. I pledge allegiance to the Secret Society. You see, this video is to guarantee and confirm the security of the first chip, Point A. It has been successfully implanted in our first host-"

he laughed a quiet thoughtful laugh at this and rubbed the back of his neck,

"-maybe that sounds a bit too...impersonal. It has been successfully implanted in my daughter," he corrected, his small grin forming into a full smile.

Silence followed this, as if he was contemplating what that really meant. I shifted in my seat and propped my head up against the car window, not once removing my eyes from the phone.

"If anybody is watching this video, that means the detailed files we've worked at keeping a secret have been exposed and the state is coming for us, that's if they haven't already gotten to some of us. This Video is confidential and contains extremely sensitive information. I desperately hope it never falls in the wrong hands..."

That last part was whispered, probably a simple thought that escaped his mouth but wasn't meant to be heard. Dad did that a lot, he'd think out loud and not even realize that he was doing it until it was too late. It was fascinating really, to catch him muttering profanities under his breath and call him out on it, despite his cries of denial. A tear slipped down my cheek as the intensity of the memories choked me. Memories of him covering my mouth with his hands as soon as he let a couple of thoughts slip out absentmidendley, just so I couldn't call him out on it. It'd been my daddy and me for so long. He was my bestfriend. What was I going to do?

"It has a number of 6 maximum plays. After it's played for the sixth time, it'll automatically disable itself from the device and leave no trace. Efficient right?"

He said and grinned sheepishly, probably bathing in his own self pride. I laughed and shook my head at his jovial nature. Even in the most dire of situations he always knew how to lighten up the mood.

"This video is a backup of the files that are probably missing right now, and will contain additional information that isn't found in them. Information that could either make or break the entire operation."

The words hung heavily in the air. Make or break it, this was real.

"However, don't feel too conscious about where you watch this video, it is designed to only be visible to those with Point Implants. Specifically Point A, B, C, D and a few other exceptions. The normal human eye cannot properly decipher the pictures that I am about to show you, nor can the human ear identify this language."

I was positive my dad was speaking English. It was the only language both he and I could speak, considering neither of us really had the patience to learn a new language. What did he mean by "this langague?  I was pretty sure half of the entire world could speak and identify English.

"If you aren't one of the heads of Society and aren't familiar with the work that we've achieved in the past six years, then you probably won't understand the Science behind this and it should sound like normal English to a Point ear."