04

Evelyn was telling you about Theo, the boy. They had just started dating and you tried to tell yourself that you didn't, shouldn't feel jealous. You had only seen him fives times before.

                                  Who cared?

                                          But you still found it so cruel when the days passed and you had to see handsome Theodore coming to your house, holding your sister's hand, being the perfect gentleman.

                                       That's how things were. That's how things worked.

                                          And you cried silent tears when you were alone in your room, because every time you thought you had a chance, your sister would come and take it from you.

                                   And she didn't do it intentionally. She didn't even realize what she was doing. But she had been blessed by the gods and she would always take your chances away, without you being able to do anything about it.

                                      So you decided to confront her one day.

                                        But it had been so infantile, childish and immature. In her eyes, you were just a jealous, little girl telling her, telling perfect, perfect Evelyn, that you deserved better. That it wasn't fair that she was so lucky and you weren't.

                             It just didn't make sense to her.

                                   And for the first time ever, she truly was rude to you. She laughed in your face. But you still couldn't bring yourself to hate her, you had put her on a pedestal.

                                  And as she laughed, she mocked you and said, "Baby, foolish, naïve, little girl! It's not my fault boys like me and not you."

                                 Oh how bad and hard it hit. The bullet of words made its way to your little, broken heart. And it killed you.

                               But you still didn't feel a thing.