epilogue

The trees weren't naked anymore. Spring had dressed them in beautiful green, pink, violet and even red and yellow colors. Making them look as vivid as you, Rose.

                                 Who would have guessed that all you needed was to separate from your sister Evelyn, so you could grow as a beautiful person? So you could have your own metamorphosis?

                                  Like the trees, you had had your revival.

                                           You finally were everything you had wanted to be. And, yes, you had your imperfections, but you'd learned that they were beautiful too.

                                         The city smiled at you, knowing that today would be a great day for you.

                                   You inhaled the city's air, as you closed the building's door. The building where your apartment was. A nice, little place. Very white and very ready to be decorated by your expert hand.

                                               Yes, you had finally admitted that you had talents, too.

                              And so, Rose, you walked down the streets, as your knee-length skirt danced around you. Some people turned their heads to look at you— and wasn't that part of your list? The things that you wanted to happen? Things that happened to your sister? But you didn't care anymore, now did you? Perhaps you didn't even notice that they were, indeed, looking at you.

                                   Did you know, Rose, that this day had been written in The Book of Destiny years ago?

                                           The day you met him, the love of your life.

                                                 He apologized when he accidentally—or had it been on purpose?— clashed his chest against your face, grabbing you by your shoulders to stabilize you. And you smiled your don't-worry-it-was-an-accident smile.

                                                    And, Rose.

                                                              That was the most beautiful smile someone could have ever seen.

THE END.