first love

all your friends would talk about how they would talk to their boyfriends about their past loves and etc, so you'd just be blankly listening to their conversation.

youngmin pretty much avoided talking about anything to do with love to be honest, however this was when you were around one year into your relationship. and if anything, you avoided the topic as much as he did.

"minah, what about you and youngmin??"

aISH, SHE ASKED ME THIS ON PURPOSE RIGHT? JUST TO GLOAT??

you had some issues with a specific friend named lee soojin; a friend that was part of your group but someone you were awkward/hostile/never-leave-us-alone-together-or-else-it'll-end-bad... that sort of friend... to be frank, they fucking hated each other but they had the same friends so they just learned to get along.

soojin smirked at how reluctant you were to reply,

"so i guess you and youngmin aren't that close then, how long have you been dating again?"

you tried your best to fake a smile and replied, "one year."

your other friends realised the awkwardness and moved the topic on, but no matter how hard you tried to push the thought out-

what the hell? maybe soojin is right? are we even that close? wHAT IS THE TRUTH!!?!*!!1!!2!?

and that is how you ended up in this situation; a chicken drumstick in youngmin's mouth and a disarrayed look on his face.

"w-what..."

his mouth was still full of chicken and youngmin was trying his best to chew but it wasn't going well...

it was a usual saturday night; he'd stay over at your apartment and you'd watch knowing bros together, usually accompanied by some form of fast food. and after some bickering and a game of rock paper scissors, the decision was to order fried chicken.

"you heard me youngmin, tell me about your first love"

you lowered the volume of the tv down, and a tiny part in your mind regretted that decision as yOUR BABIES/FAVES/LEGENDS SHINEE were guests on the episode.

his eyes met yours and once again, disbelief sparked in his. youngmin contemplated, finishing off the chicken in his mouth before he would answer. this left you hanging for an answer, expectation and curiosity pouring out your eyes-

"tell me yours first!"

not the reply you were expecting...

this bOI out here making me suspenseful etc to only backfire the question... what the hell-

"well i asked you first, so answer it!"

you snapped back as defiantly as youngmin had. both of you probably looked like seven year olds and you sure as hell were acting like seven year olds.

"well, of course... my first love is yOU, KWON MINAH!!!"

his pout turned into a cheesy smile as he exclaimed his love for you, youngmin's noodle arms wrapped around you trying his best to lighten the mood.

you weren't having any of it...

"stop joking around, obviously i'm not your first love. youngmin, you probably had loads of girlfriends in high school because look at you-"

"i know right, look at me! im youngmin, the local hot guy- yah, in high school girls fainted because of me"

his arms still wrapped around you and now you were both face to face, a smirk placed solid on his lips and a blush spreading through cheeks.