Prologue

Time. Something that shapes the fabric of our universe. A sort of power that flutters through the cracks of reality. One of the things that just came with the gift of life, a concept everybody had the privilege of learning at a young age. There were those that never paid it any mind, and those who lost track of it as they went about their day to day life.

Life itself can be one of the most difficult things ever. People navigating their way through the days as they pass by slowly, or too fast. Each day seems to be as normal as the next, yet changes can often appear in your day to day routine. Some good, others bad. Minutes tick by, then turn to hours as the circle of life rotates on and on until a new day comes and the cycle repeats.

Now try to imagine what it'd be like if every part of the day was life threatening and you had to constantly battle your way through terrible monsters and evil gods, just to stay alive. One wrong move and your life circle would cease to exist. Picture having to continuously watch your back when you left the comforts of your home.

That's what it's like being a demigod, someone that was half mortal half god. Now I'm talking about the Greek gods but there are various demigods from the different religions, however we all have similar struggles. Monsters are always on the hunt for us wherever we go because they can smell our blood from miles away. Not to mention if we use anything technology related it'll make it easier for the monsters to find us.

To top it off and what makes it even harder for us to blend in is the fact that most of us Greek demigods are dyslexic and have ADHD. The dyslexia is due to the fact that our brains are hardwired to read ancient Greek as apposed to English even if it's our first language. While the ADHD is our natural battle reflexes just waiting to be put to use, it's incredibly hard for us to sit still when our reflexes just want to battle something.

Out in the mortal world, most of us struggle with all the monsters chasing us, especially if we don't know about our godly side. Our battle reflexes can usually save us, however our best chance of surviving is by making our way to Camp Half-blood, a remote camp where our kind can train in the comforts of others of our kind.

The camp is protected by magical barriers that keep monsters and other harmful things out. Only demigods can enter uninvited, any other creature needs an invite unless already residing at camp. Like the satyrs, nymphs, monsters brought in for battle training and our camp director Chiron, who's a centaur.

Camp half-blood is just like any summer camp, only we're sorted into our cabins by our godly parents. Also instead of just normal camp activities we also have battle training, classes about the ancient times as well as numerous other things that can pertain to your godly parent like archery or working in the forges.

We once had only twelve cabins that represented the Olympian gods however thanks to my best friend Percy, we were now building cabins to include all the minor gods as well which was great. There's lots more to learn about our world however I can't give the location of the camp on case you're a monster trying to kill us all.

However, I'm Destiny Clearwater and I'm the daughter of Apollo......