Chapter 3

Bruce sent me home early that day. After the mass of people moved passed the window the street became a ghost town along with the cafe. 

I got on the bus like I usually did. It was strangely more empty than normal for 3 in the afternoon. A few people were scattered on the seats and I sat down on the one closest to the door.

As soon as I took my seat I could feel eyes on me. It made me feel uncomfortable and I itched the back of my neck as if I could feel something crawling on it. I glanced at the window to see if I could see a reflection and there was a man in the back corner. In all black, staring right at me. 

I turned around to tell him to stop staring at me but as soon as I saw the gold flecks in his eyes, I instantly closed my mouth. Werewolf. I swallowed the lump in my throat and quickly turned back to face the front of the bus. I tighten my grip on my bag handle before pressing the button for my stop.

I kept glancing at him in the reflection and as soon as the bus came to a stop, I quickly got off. As I started to walk, I glanced back at where the man was sitting. He was gone. Walking faster down the street, I could hear footsteps behind me. I pulled my bag and coat closer around me. Luckily my house wasn't far from the bus stop and I reached my front garden within a matter of minutes.

I threw my door open and quickly shut it behind me. My mother rose from the couch as soon as she saw me come into the living room.

"What is it?" The confused look on her face suddenly vanish when I approached the window and moved the curtain to look out. Three more men had appear now and they were all coming towards the house. "Oh my lord." I mother said as soon as she saw them. She began pacing back and forth muttering words and then my fathers name fell out of her mouth.

"What?" I cut her of in her face and grabbed her arm "Mother what did father do?" She opened her mouth to speak but a bang on the door cut her off. I stared at her for another second before opening the door to the three men.

"Ellaine Coleman?" The man questioned. I nodded my head before he opened the piece of paper in his hands.

"You are under arrest along with your mother, Helen Coleman, for suspicions of conspiring with the death of the Luna Queen." He stated. My mother come behind me and put her hand on my shoulder before moving me out of the way.

"You can't arrest us." She stated. "You have no proof on the matter and there has been no trial." My mother used to work in a law firm. I hope she knew what she was going and that we wouldn't get into more trouble.

"Human's do not go through trial." He said through gritted teeth before grabbing her arm roughly. A man grabbed onto my arm next and I looked up at him. I trembled under his grip and he stared at me for what felt like forever before he broke his gaze with my mother screaming.

"No. Please don't take my daughter." She pleaded to the man who had grabbed her. "She wasn't involved in any way. She has no idea what is happening." My mother gripped at the mans shirt as he begged him, falling to her knees. A low grow fell from his mouth before he whipped his head to me. 

"Fine." He spat "Take her to the pack house." He turned back to look at my mother "Take her to the rehabilitation camp." My jaw fell open and I quickly launched myself towards the man.

"No please you can't." I pleaded as a man grabbed me.

"Silent stupid human." He hissed at me "She will be rehabilitated."

"She will be slaughtered." I snapped back. He glared at me before grabbing my mother and hoisting her up. I watched as they took her towards a black van and throw her in the back. I tried to hold back a sob as they shoved me towards another vehicle across the road from her. I fell onto the backseat with an 'oof'. 

"You will be taken to the pack house and our alpha will decide your fate." My lips trembled again as I pushed myself up from the seat and stared out of the window.

XXXXXXXXX

The car was silent for the whole ride. Few words were said between the man in the passenger seat and the driver. I knew they were talking through their mind link that they shared. We had learnt about it in my final year of school and I shivered at the thought of someone else hearing my mind. 

We pulled up outside of a large building. Scratch that, a large mountain. I could feel my mouth hanging open as I was forced out of the car and towards the large wooden doors. I think this is what they call a pack house. I had never seen one of them before but it's where most meetings are held and where young members are housed. 

As soon as the doors were open I was surrounded. People moved around me like I was already part of the furniture. I saw members nod their head towards the man in front of me. I was positioned in between the two of them. No way to escape now. 

We approached another set of doors where the man knocked before waiting for a reply. They were pushed open and I was forced inside. It looked like a huge study with bookcases which ran to the ceiling. 

"Ellaine Coleman alpha." The man in front of me said before moving to the left and shoving me forward. I stumbled a little but I regained my balance. The man in front of me I knew so well. He was the one who appeared on my television every week for our weekly news and he was the one who had just sent my mother to her death.

He looked up at me and then glanced at his men before waving his hand at them, signalling them to leave. Then we were alone. 

"Sit Ellaine." He ordered and I slowly took the seat in front of him. There was silence as he finished signing a paper in front of him before giving me his full attention.

"I understand your mother had requested for your release." I nodded my head slowly. She didn't request. She begged them to not take me to a camp. I watched as he pulled out a file from his draw and flipped it open. "Daughter of Harry Coleman who mysteriously disappeared a day before the announcement." He stated before looking up at me. He continued "Harry Coleman is under investigation for the death of Queen Luna Vivian." He leaned back on his chair and stared at me for a moment.

"Did you know this information?" I shook my head. "Can you speak girl?" He snapped making me push myself back into my chair

"N-no. I didn't know about any of this" I managed to stutter out. He bought his hand and rubbed his chin

"Do you know where your father is?" 

"No Alpha. I don't know his where about's. I was seventeen when he left." The man leaved forward and narrowed his eyes at me. 

"But you know something don't you." I shook my head again "Your lying about something. I can tell." My eyes widened in shock and I profusely shook my head again. 

"No Alpha. I swear I don't know." He rose from his chair when the doors opened "Take this girl to camp b for investigation. She is keeping information from us and we will find it." He hissed before I was grabbed by my arms and and hoisted out of the chair.

"Yes Alpha. Also I came to inform you that the Alpha king had just arrived." 

"Okay. Take this girl out of my sight before the alpha king arrives." The men beside me both bowed their heads before forcing me out of the room. We were taken back through the main entrance. I looked for anyone human. Anyone who would help. My eye's fell on a man. 

My breath caught in my throat as I saw him. He looked oddly familiar but I couldn't place my finger on where. He stared back at me as I was forced out of the room. My eye's begged him to help but he just stood there, surrounded by men who were dressed in suits. As soon as he was out of my view I knew all help that I would survive was gone.