Chapter 6

The passing scenery seemed almost too beautiful to be true. My mouth opened in awe as we approached a large mountain which sided with the shore. I stared out into the ocean, wanting to be far away from this place, out of this car and away from this man.

The car had gone silent soon after he had finished his phone call but I could feel his eye's on me every now and then but I refused to meet them. When the beach faded and soon we entered dense forest, I sat back in my chair again, displeased with the view.

I could already see the figures within the forest and I already knew that the wolves had us surrounded. Sighing, I leaned back in my seat and faced the leather seat in front of me. The wolves around the car seemed to come to a slow trot as we entered through two large gates and drove towards a large building.

Staring at it for a moment I realized this was the Alpha Kings house or castle I suppose. The king sitting next to me grunted something to the driver before getting out. I sat still, unsure what I was supposed be doing before I was yanked out of the car. I yelped in surprise and looked up at the brooding king.

I looked behind him to see curious eyes on me staring back at me. Before I could open my mouth to say something, I was yanked into the large building. I was twisted and turned down many hallways before his grip loosened on me and I pulled myself from him. He turned to face me as I spoke.

"Will you stop yanking me around like a child?" I sat at him. I watched his eyes darken as he approached me.

"Do not speak to me like that." He spat back before he shoved me into a room. He closed the door behind us and locked it with a click. I watched him as he walked around me and sat behind a desk. I gulped as his stare on me hardened. "Will you sit down" He ordered me. I stared at him, not moving before he go up and forced me down into the over stuffed chair. He stood in front of me, glaring as he spoke "You will do as I say." He growled lowly as I cowered into my seat. He bared his teeth slightly at me before rounding his desk again and sitting down. "Do not expect me to free anymore humans after those incidents you caused at the camps."

"Your killing us-" He stopped my plea by growling.

"You have killed thousands of us. We will no longer be beneath you. All humans are being relocated to smaller communities where we can watch you more carefully."

"More carefully." I let out a sarcastic laugh "You mean slaughter us." I watched as he rolled his eyes at me.

"We will not kill anyone until deemed necessary."

"Right so starving us and taking us away from our homes are necessary." He slammed his hand down on the desk as he stood up.

"You are weak and insignificant creatures. I will not stand here and tolerate this behavior from you, especially a human." I stood up myself and approached the other side of the desk.

"I am not weak or insignificant. We hold as much right to this world as you." He let out a roar making me jump back before he grabbed me by the throat. I clawed at his hands.

"I will not be spoken to with such disrespect. I am King." He growled at me before dragging me out of the room and down some concrete steps.

"Since you love your human race so much, why don't you rot with them." I was pushed backwards. My head hit a hard floor as I fell. I watched him leave me and I placed a hand on the back of my head. I felt a warm liquid before my hand was pulled away by gentle hands.

"Are you okay?" The soft voice asked me as I nod slowly. A headache was starting to form at the back of my head and I groaned. "Jesus, you hit the floor hard." I heard something tare before it was pressed against the back of my head. "You must have done something really bad to be thrown in here like that." I turned towards her and my eyes caught her. I couldn't see her very well as it was so dark in here but I could see the vibrant blue eyes that stared at me with such care.

"I stood up for us." I glanced around the room to see many other curious eyes staring at me. "I stood up for all of us."

"You stood up to the Alpha king?" She whispered in a hushed whisper. I looked back at her and she shook at her head. "How are you not dead?" I shrugged my shoulders and looked down at the floor.

"I'm not sure." I mumbled as I stood up from the ground. I shakily made my way over to the bars of the cell and peered out. It was almost an exact replica of the prison I was just freed from but this one had no windows to the outside world. No light, no sense of freedom. I let my forehead press up against the bars but pulled back quickly when I saw a guard glance at me and barking at me to get back.

I sat down with the other humans that huddled against the back wall of the cell.

"I'm Aleshia by the way." The girl who helped me earlier spoke. I turned towards her and grabbed her outstretched hand. She was so cold, so was I but she looked so worn down and beaten.

"I'm Ellaine." I responded finally releasing her hand.

"I'm so sorry for what's about to happen though Ellaine." She told me and I stared at her with a questioning look.

"What do you mean?"

"We are to be disciplined and rehabilitated."