[13]

The entire building was silent except for the occasional soft chatter in the different rooms. Matthias leaned against the wall, eyes closed, sleeping peacefully. He had stayed there the whole night, right outside [Name]'s room. He wasn't allowed in, but he was willing to wait for her through anything. 

"My lord..." A soft voice came from above. Matthias opened his eyes and let out a little yawn. Matthias looked up to see a nurse with blonde hair. Her greyish eyes shown with grief. 

Matthias felt his heart sink. She couldn't possibly be...

"What is it?" He asked, dreading the answer. 

"She only has about an hour to live. I'm sorry. We don't know what to do to fix the disease... It's spreading quickly. 

Matthias didn't notice he was crying until he felt small drops of water running down his cheeks. 

"Can I atleast see her?" He asked. 

"Of course, my lord." The nurse opened the door and Matthias rushed in. 

[Name] lay there in a crisp, white, infirmary bed. Eyes were only slightly open, her mouth was tugged upwards in a half-smile. 

"Matthias," She whispered sorely as the other authorities left the two alone. 

"[Name]," Matthias breathed out. He rushed to her side and gently entwined her hand in his. 

"Dammit [Name]! This is all my fault! If I would have just asked you how to make the cure... If I would have gone back and found the scroll-"

"Matthias. It took me years to find some of those ingredients. This is my fate, and I need to accept it." 

"B-But I don't accept it, [Name]!" Matthias said, the tears flowing even faster. "I love you!" 

"You... Love me? How?" [Name] blinked in shock. 

"I love you, [Name]. I love how caring you are for people, even if they're barbaric. I love your smart and cleverness. I love how beautiful you are, in and out. I love you." 

"Matthias..." [Name] whispered, and the doctors came in and told Matthias it was time to leave. In the end, he had to be dragged out as he had tried to put up a fight. 

___

After the dreaded hour had passed, Matthias broke down. He wasn't even crying. His mind, was however, a storm for horrible thoughts. To think [Name] could have been his queen... 

Matthias stood right outside her door, head in hands. He heard doctors getting ready for the death-the shuffling of black sheets, the talking of pre-death comfort. In a little while, the infected blood was to pump straight through the heart, contaminating it forever. 

BANG!

Matthias widened his eyes and looked up to see the building doors slam carelessly. A man with blonde hair and green eyes wandered in. As Matthias got closer, he could make out bushy eyebrows and a yellow and blue Swede uniform.

Matthias got up and snarled, his face still tear stained. 

"What the hell are you doing in this kingdom with that uniform?" 

The man widened his eyes and raised his hands up in surrender. 

"I'm here to visit someone." 

Matthias glared at him, but before he had a chance to do anything, the man in Swedish uniform sidestepped him. He then ran quick, faster than any human Matthias had ever seen into the room where [Name] lay. 

Matthias blinked in shock, as all he saw was a yellow and blue blur go into her room. He then clenched his fist and dashed in. 

"If you hurt her, I'll kill-" 

The man sat next to you, holding your hand tightly and whispering to her. Her eyes were peacefully closed. Matthias's heart sank. [Name] was gone. The man stood up. 

"I'm Arthur Kirkland. [Name]'s brother."