Chapter Fourteen

Adam
1:45 in the morning. It's been exactly two hours since this angel entered the world. My princess, my treasure. She was asleep in my arms and Tiff fell asleep on my shoulder not too long ago.

Raven Ebony Lambert. Tiff fell in love with the name. Tiff's sister has been checking in on us. She looked like me. She had my hair and freckles. She's literally a 2.0 version of me.

God had blessed us. She's a miracle. She's my baby girl. I seriously don't know what to do with myself. I'm obsessed. I'm obsessed with her.

She's my everything, besides her mother. I swear to my grave, I'd take care of her. Not let my career get in the way of that. Nothing was going to get in my way.
___________________
A few hours later
"Glitter."

She chuckles. "Adam, is that your nickname for her?"

"Yes."

She laughs quietly as I cradled Raven. It was around nine in the morning and Tiff woke up a few minutes ago and Raven was still asleep in my arms.

"Hey." Tommy comes in quietly.

"Hey, TJ." She waves.

I paced around the room as cradled her. I walk up to Tommy. "You wanna hold her?"

He nods excitedly. I hand him Raven and sit down in a chair next to the hospital bed. "God, she looks like you Adam."

I chuckle. "Thanks, Tommy."

"What's her name?" He asks as he admired his goddaughter.

"Raven Ebony Lambert." I look at Tiffany, who has fallen asleep again.

Tommy sits on the couch. "You think she can hear us?" I ask him.

"Nah, she's a heavy sleeper. Why?"

I sigh. "Do you think Raven will bring us closer?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. Only time will tell, Adam."

"Dude, you know I freaking love her. Lord, I'd even take a bullet for the both of them."

We stayed silent for a good fifteen seconds. "Does she love me back? Does she still love me?"

He stayed silent for a few seconds. "I don't know, Adam. I've never intended to ask her that."

"Does she still cry about the breakup?"

"She came to my room every night asking if we could talk. She cried into my shoulder every night. It hurts her still, Adam..."

I sigh. Months later and it hurts her still. What have I done? I love her, but I destroyed her. Two times is too many times. Only time will tell. Only time will predict our future...