Generzon

John sat in his car, looking on at the warehouse in front of him. He twirled the keys around his pointer finger. He checked his phone. Mollie's last text was still displayed on the screen, love you <3.
   He jumped when there was a knock on his window. Ryan stood there giving him a questioning look. John took a deep breath and stepped out of the car.
   "I didn't think you were goin' ta be here," Ryan's voice was thick with his Irish accent. "Thought this was fer good Minecraft players."
   "Oh shit it," John punched him lightly in the arm and followed him through the parking lot.
   Ryan pulled open the heavy steel door to reveal an open room. Directly in front of them was what could only be described as nothing other than a portal. It reached all the way to the ceiling, fifteen feet up, and long thick cords snaked across the floor. The edges of the contraption were made of thick steel and in the center was swirling purple air or liquid or something John couldn't identify.
   Standing next to the portal were four men John didn't recognize, but who he could only assume were the ones in charge of the competition. Some other people were there already as well, standing around talking to each other. John recognized Quiff and Laake standing slightly off to the side of the group. He went to join them. His slight fear had left him upon seeing his friends and was replaced with excitement.
   "John. How are you?  Haven't seen you in awhile," said Quiff animatedly.
   The door opens and Rob and two other people he didn't know came in. Ryan went over to talk to Rob.
   At that moment, one of the guys by the portal cleared his throat and said, "okay. Can I have everybody's attention? Good. Now, once I start explaining more about what this competition entails, you won't be allowed to leave. So, anyone who isn't sure they want to do this needs to take their leave now."
   John looked around once again at everyone. He noticed that Mitch and Jerome were there also and Mitch threw him a smile, but no one left.
   "Well then, let's get this started. The rules are fairly simple; you need to survive. There's a currency system in order to buy access to ores. The world is divided into two sections; the war zone and the normal world. If you die in the war zone, you will just come back to life, but if you die in the normal world, you actually die."
   At this statement there was a general intake of breath. John couldn't believe that he was actually doing this. The realization that he could really die while he was in this world rammed into him with immense force, bringing with it a torrent of fear and stress. His breathing quickened, but he tried to keep his cool.
   The guy was still talking so John refocused on his words.
   "PVP is allowed in both worlds although we're assuming that no one will be fighting in the real world. You'll be able to ask the admins," he gestured to himself and the others, "for food and anything else within reason. Other than that the mechanics are exactly the same as if you were playing the game at home. You will have to survive for six months and everyone who gets out receives the $10 million. Also, the entire competition will be streamed live on YouTube and the work will be able to watch the perspective of whomever they wish. If for any reason you don't want to be watched, for example going to the bathroom, you merely have to touch the red button in the bracelet you will be given, and your perspective will no longer be available. If you have your perspective off for more than five hours, it will automatically be turned back on. This is to ensure that you didn't just forget. You will also have a microphone so you can talk to other players or admin without having to be next to them. You simply have to press the blue button on your bracelet, speak the name of who you want to talk to, and they can either decline or accept. If you have any problems or questions you can call an admin. Now, I think I've remembered everything so let's start," he clapped his hands together with finality.
   Mitch was the first one to walk towards the portal. He glanced back at the room and said, "wish me luck boys," and stepped into the purple goo.
   John's heart raced with anticipation and it propelled his feet into motion. He could feel everyone's eyes on him as he strode towards the portal. He stopped before it, took a deep breath, and then stepped through.