Lachlan

"Vikk!" Lachlan yelled. "Wait up."
Vikk slowed to a trot and turned his head to look back at Lachlan.
"Come on, Lachy. We have to get safe before nightfall," he said.
Lachlan adjusted the strap on his backpack. They'd each received one when they entered the Minecraft world. A wooden axe was also strapped to a belt around his waist and a wooden pick axe was attached to the top of the backpack. He glanced behind him and saw people sprinting in every direction. The tower where they had been spawned in loomed behind them. It was a castle-like structure made out of stone and wood, but Lachlan hadn't had the chance to check it out before he had been forced to follow Vikk.
The world was beautiful. He knew it was weird, but he'd always dreamed of going into a Minecraft world. The perfect simplicity of the game made him long for it to be real. When he'd opened the letter, he'd almost jumped for joy. He didn't believe the threat of actual death because YouTube wouldn't legally be allowed to let them die.
Lachlan couldn't fathom how they had created this place. It looked exactly like the game. The ground was divided into about half a meter squares clearly defined by black lines. Even the trees were divided into blocks. He couldn't take his eyes off of his surroundings and instantly regretted it. His foot slipped into a hole and he went face-first into the green grass.
"Fucking hell," he swore angrily.
"Lachy, you okay?" Vikk turned back and gripped Lachlan's hand to help him up.
"I'm sure that was very attractive to all the people watching," Lachlan laughed good heartedly.
"Can you walk?" Vikk asked with concern.
"Erm, I think," he got to his feet and shifted his weight to his sprained ankle. It wobbled slightly and he involuntarily winced in pain.
"No, you can't. Come on. There's a nice little bit of an alcove over here over this river. Lean on me and I'll help you," Vikk interjected before Lachlan could say anything.
Lachlan drapped his arm over Vikk's shoulders and Vikk placed an arm around his waist. Lachlan's hair prickled and his heart fluttered at Vikk's touch.
They hobbled through the river; the water was refreshingly cool. After Lachlan was settled on a piece of stone, Vikk wandered over to a tree and liberated his axe from his belt.
"Can you believe this?" Vikk asked as he swung at the tree. Lachlan admired how his dark skin sparkled in the sun as beads of sweat formed at his brow line and on his arms.
"Not really, I guess," Lachlan replied.
"Oh no. Wait, what?" Vikk exclaimed suddenly, looking around him. "The wood just disappeared. I broke it off and now it's gone."
"Maybe we have like an invisible inventory that it went into or something? They can't expect us to carry around giant blocks. And if all this is possible, I wouldn't doubt they can create an invisible inventory," Lachlan suggested.
"Perhaps... I'll try another tree. Hey can you figure out how the crafting works? Perhaps that will help us," Vikk asked as he moved on to another tree.
"Sure," Lachlan replied, pulling off his backpack. Inside was a container full of steak and a canteen of water. At the bottom of the bag, Lachlan found a small device that had the pattern of a crafting table designed on the back. He touched the screen and it lit up, revealing a selection menu. There were categories for inventory, crafting, placing and dropping.
"Hey Vikk. I think we do have an invisible inventory and it's pretty freaking awesome." He held up the device to show Vikk.
"Oh coolio. I guess I'll keep chopping then."
Lachlan stuffed the device back into his pack and inspected his bracelet. Red button to stop his feed and blue button to turn on his mic. He punched the blue button and spoke clearly, "MrWoofless." He wasn't sure if the device took gamertags or real names, but he assumed it was made to accept both.
"Lachlan! What's up bro?" Rob's voice came through his bracelet loud and clear.
"Robert. I was just checking if this thing worked or not. Are you with anyone else?" Lachlan asked.
"No. I had planned to stick with Matt, but we got separated. I kind of forgot about this mic thing, so I'll probably try to get in touch with him now. Talk later?"
"Yeah, sure."
He saw that Vikk was fiddling with his crafting device.
"This is sick. When you open the 'placing' menu it shows video of the area around you so that you can place the block where you want." He spun slowly in a circle with the device held in front of him. Suddenly a piece of wood appeared at his feet.
"Wow. That's freaking awesome," Lachlan said, eyes wide in astonishment.

The sun was beginning to sink beneath the hill behind them by the time they had created a small shack where they could fit a couple beds. Lachlan really didn't want to be outside when night fell. He had no idea how strong the mobs were going to be and, even though he didn't believe it, he didn't want to risk actually dying.
Vikk placed down the door and then took a seat on his bed. There was a small pop and Florian materialized in between their beds.
"Holy. Florian don't do that," Vikk said once he'd taken in who it was.
"Sorry Vikk. Lachlan I brought you a brace for your ankle since you probably need it for that sprain," he said as he handed over the brace. Lachlan nodded in thanks as Florian continued, "also you guys should know that all the water in the lakes is safe to drink immediately. We cycle it through and add chlorine to purify it constantly. Also, if you haven't already realized, mobs don't drop food. You have to ask us since there's no way we could design that. Anyways, good luck!" He vanished with another small pop.
Both Vikk and Lachlan burst into laughter. It just felt right that they laugh off some of the pent up stress.
"Well we should get some sleep," Vikk said knowledgeably and Lachlan nodded in agreement. He would walk off a cliff if Vikk told him he should, honestly.