2

I am conscious, though my eyes refuse to  open. I don't want to open them. Opening them would be me admitting the happenings of yesterday, which were so terrible I couldn't bring my self around to face reality. It was supposed to be the end, opening my eyes would be admitting that was real.

I get out of my bed and stare at the mirror. Why would he want to save me? I was wearing a white tank top and black pyjama bottoms that were creased and my hair was in a frightful mess.
"Looking good " I say to myself as I shuffle past my bed to the cupboard. From my limited clothing I chose these black skinny jeans and a grey hoodie. My hair was frizzed up now and my curly locks were intertwined in each other but I soothed them with a little of my favourite coconut serum on my fingers.

"A little lipgloss won't hurt," my aunt says as she walks into the room. I make eye contact with her through her reflection in the mirror but quickly divert my eyes to my hands.
"Yh sure" I say as I swiftly walk past into the bathroom away from her. Can't she mind her own fooking business.

.

I walk to the bridge to see the stranger from last night leaning against the rocks and looking out into the ocean. A calming silence fills our ears as I admire the parts of the setting that I couldn't the night before in the dark. It's absolutely breathtaking.

The icy blue waves, the silvery grey rocks and the fine sand that coated the cliffs in front of me. His eyes met with mine as he nervously ran his hand though his hair before smiling at me.

.

"I tried so hard to tell myself that you were gone but your still with me.....and I've been alone all along," he said to try and sing the pain away. That's what I was doing. I think it's working.

"You still ha...aave aaall of mee," I struggle to sing the last few words as my voice breaks and I look into his icy blue eyes. I feel my legs give up on me and my body sinks into the strangers embrace as I heavily breathe in his comforting scent.
I look at his face and feel at home. I never knew a stranger could make me feel so safe. I've not felt like this in a while.

"Harry," he says.
"I'm Taylor," I reply.

"Singing makes it all better and someone with a voice like yours can't die."