Chapter One

This is for linthenameoflove magicistheonlysight Sophitz_KOTLC Smg2ph chayatheawesome empire-of-dreams bballja33 LoveWriting66 Babydancer112 FuzzyTheCakeEater so head on over and check out each others amazing books! Ladies/gentleman (like there are any guys on this sight...) I can't thank you enough for your comments votes and just being alive! So here's a chapter for all of you. Also I'm really sorry if I left anyone out. Tag me in a comment to rant about it if you want. ♥♥♥♥

Unedited.

Sophie stared out the plane, Rosethorn's windshield. Her sunglasses blocked the glare of the sun. The thin air was cold, but Sophie's jacket protected her from most of it.

Glancing down at the gorgeous green and white Alaskan land below, she could see the shadow of the shadow of the plane wavering over the land. Beside her in the pilot seat Kyle spoke through the static filled headset. His voice almost sounded electrontic.
"You'll ease the plane sideways, nothing to drastic, just a small tip of the wing." He said. He had his own pair of sunglasses on, and instead of a brown leather jacket like Sophie's, his was black.

"You fess up to Rose yet?" Sophie asked through her own headset. Referring to the red headed, curvy cop with eyes as green as moss and Kyle's best friend, who he was in love with. Kyle shook his head, "I don't want to ruin what we have as it is. Things could get really bad." He said. Sophie nodded, "Okay." She knew all to well how things so delicate as romance could turn bad.

"Sure is a warm summer this year." Kyle said changing the subject. "I'm glad you got to see Alaska's beauty before you go..." Kyle trailed off. He still seemed to be trying to wrap his head around the idea of elves, Atlantis and everything else Sophie had spilled out, in an emotional breakdown.
"Home." Sophie offered. Kyle nodded. "Yeah. Home." He said. "Dex might be able to make my phone still work there, I'll call you." Sophie said. Rose had bought her the cell phone as an emergency phone, when Kyle's phone -which Sophie had borrowed- had gone out and Sophie had been stuck up in the mountains with Myth for nearly a full night.

The mix breed between a Bora Wolf and Rouge Beast, with a white coat of fur was happy to share his warmth with his master. Nearly as big as a bear, but with graceful and sleek limbs lined with muscle to spare, Myth managed to look more like a faithful dog than a burly bear. "You think you could send me some pictures of a T-rex before you forget about me?" Kyle smiled. "I'll try, but I'm telling you they aren't what we imagined them to be." Sophie said. Kyle nodded as he fiddled with the controls of the plane. "Check your wing flaps often." Kyle said, as he glanced over his shoulder.

Due to having lost a bet with Sophie he had to teach her the basics of flying and confess his feelings for his best friend Rose Brown. Sophie loved flying, she wouldn't press Kyle to much about confessing, but she was determined to learn to fly. The propeller spun at the nose of the plane, blurring into a metal circle, whirring as it cut through the clouds and thin air.

"So you and Fitz figure things out?" Kyle asked as he took a sip from a tall thermos of coffee. "We're..." Sophie blushed at the thought of her cognate  partner as her heart pounded. "We're figuring things out. For now...for now we're friends, and that's the best I can do right now, I don't think Fitz minds either....not to much at least." Sophie said.
"Take things at your own pace." Kyle said. "Don't feel rushed." He said. "I don't. Fitz....he's had a lot of patience with me, and not just...well y'know. He's been very kind about asking if I'm okay. It's...it feels like something has changed between us. Like we've gotten closer somehow."

"You've changed." Kyle said. Sophie tilted her head to the side to look at him. "You matured after everything. It's like you know what you can take, you are starting to open up more, you are strong in what you stand for." Kyle said. Strong in what I stand for. Sophie thought smiling as she remembered a New York cab driver talking about the Statue of Liberty. 'It's not her sculpted face that makes her beautiful, it's what she stands strong for'. That was what the nearly toothless cabbie had told her. "You seem more sure of yourself." Kyle continued.