Chapter Twenty-Five

For SilverSkyAngel and Rozberryxoxo and last but not least FuzzyTheCakeEater this chapter is for you. ❤❤❤❤❤❤

Unedited.

"Plant your feet Sophie." Sandor scolded. "Bend your knees." Sophie dug her feet into the sand, and bent her knees.

A stick jabbed her stomach. "Keep your guard up." Sandor chided. Sophie brought her arms back up, somehow her arms felt naked without sucker punches. Her fists looked small and puny, "Good now..block!" Sophie cross her arms in a 'X' shape as a heavy boot slammed into them. Shoving her back she dug her feet in the sand. Grunting in pain she shoved Wylie back. "Go in!" Sandor snapped like a army general. Sophie jumped forward, swinging her fist. "Put your weight into it, add a swing to your hips." Sandor shouted as Wylie blocked her fist easily, and pushed her back, and brought his own fist back, Sophie managed to swing to the side just as the fist came down, she grabbed it. Turning again, she stood next to Wylie as she pulled his arm out straight.

She pushed her palm in the locked elbow, and Wylie bent forward in pain. "Cut." Sandor said, Sophie dropped Wylie's arm and he cradled it close. "Are you okay?" Sophie asked. Wylie nodded, as he accepted the elixir from Sandor. "Alright, back in stances." Sandor said. Sophie, Wylie and Sandor had went to the caves, after school was over, and Sophie's chores were finished. Sandor was teaching them hand to hand combat, on the beach.

Sophie held her fists up, and planted her feet in the ground. Wylie faced her, Sandor was carrying a stick. He poked out all mistakes with. "Wylie...block." Sophie swung her own booted foot up, and slammed it as hard as she could into Wylie's arms. "Go in." Sandor shouted. Wylie grabbed Sophie's foot and she bounced on one foot for a moment trying to get her balance. Wylie twisted, making her twist her own body, her back facing him, he slammed her leg to the ground, successfully making her flop in the sand. Sophie flipped over and brought her legs up, slamming her feet into Wylie's gut, she scrambled back up as he fell back a step. "Good recover." Sandor praised.

Wylie managed to judo flip Sophie to the sand, but she got him back by getting him in a leg lock he couldn't get out of. Wet sand clung to them as they rolled through the sand dunes and managed to reach the shallow salty waters of the ocean.

Sophie bucked her whole body, managing to throw Wylie off balance. Bringing her leg up, she wrapped it around his chest and to the side of his neck, she locked her ankles together, and pulled Wylie down as he fell back. He gave a strangled yelp as he splashed in the water. "Recover Wylie." Sandor coached. Wylie lifted his arm and managed to pry Sophie's leg lock open, and slip out. They both stood panting and breathing heavily.

"Well done. Sophie, attack." Sandor said. Sophie didn't move. She kicked water at Wylie, distracting him for a moment she managed half a scissor kick, slamming her foot into Wylie's underarm. His shoulder hitched, and his face twisted into a wince, as he was knocked off balance. Sophie continued her assault. Swinging her burning knuckles forward she punched his rib as hard as she could, Wylie reached for her, Sophie and he had been training for weeks together, she used his arm as a brace, and swung her leg up, hooking it around his neck, she twisted her whole body back, pitching them forward, she managed to unhook her leg and land in a crouch as Wylie fell into the sand, Sophie knocked his side, but his arm shot out.

He wrapped his arm around her neck, tightening his muscles, she felt her oxygen being cut off. She slammed her fists into his sides, digging her head into his sternum she started seeing spots. Bringing her hand up weakly, she tapped out and Wylie let her go. "You good?" He asked. She took deep breaths. "Good." She nodded. "Call it a day." Sandor said. The sun hadn't even started set. Sophie looked at Sandor, he usually made them train till sundown. "Take a swim, it's hot." He said. Sophie had realized that, but hadn't realized she was regulating her body temperature. "Um...just to be clear there aren't any sharks in these waters. Right?" she asked looking at the clear waters. Wylie was already pulling off his tunic.