Chapter Seven

Unedited.

"WHAT!?" Sophie shouted. Sandor winced as if her high pitch hurt his ears.

"You have got to be kidding me! I am- there is no way I'm going to go crash a dinner party because you think Me and Fit- what are you thinking?! I am not going!" Sophie shouted.

"Miss Foster!" Sandor raised his squeaky voice into a strangely loud octave, that made Sophie clamp her mouth shut. Sandor looked her in the eyes. "True fault is mine. I was supposed to tell you but it simply slipped my mind, Lady Gardenia requested your presence at her dinner table along with your parents. They couldn't refuse her gracious offer, and they had told me to tell you. The fault is mine and I am sorry for that." Sandor bowed his head.

Sophie took a deep breath. It wasn't Sandor's fault...well it kind of was, but still she shouldn't have yelled. She shouldn't have lost her temper or her cool. "You said tonight?" Sophie asked quietly. Sandor nodded. "Alright." Sophie said. Sandor hadn't lifted his head yet, so she spoke. "Sandor I'm sorry I yelled at you. That was unfair of me, and I hope it didn't hurt your ears." She said. Sandor raised his head and smiled.

"I am sorry too." He squeaked.

"Shall we call it even than?" Sophie asked. "That sounds fair enough." He said. "Alright...so dinner. It can't be that bad." She said taking another deep breath. "Actually." Sandor said making her courage plummet.

~

"Stupid stupid dinner, and stupid Gardenia, stupid thing." Sophie grumbled. She was in a mood fouler then Kyle's cursing. She stood in the red dress Pearl had made her, Edaline, Grady and Sandor had tried to make her wear the fancy ball gowns or evening dress but Sophie refused to have, and when she struck a deal with them, that if she wore a dress she'd choose it.

They instantly agreed, not realizing the loop hole she had created. Of course she wore dark pants beneath with a long sleeve white shirt she came down grumbling under her breath. A deal was a deal and neither one of them could break it, no matter how much they disliked it. Sophie wore boots, and had clipped one side of her hair back. Edaline insisted she at least wear gloves. Sophie insisted they had to be black, compromise.

Grady and Edaline were both dressed in sleek expensive looking clothing, and even Sandor had placed on a dark tunic that had gold buttons on it.

Lady Gardenia was beautiful, not the natural beauty Melody had, Lady Gardenia looked like she cared about her looks and did her best to look gorgeous. Her dress was a shimmering orange dress, her dark hair curled and swayed down her back, all the way down to her small waist. Tan skin made it look like the orange dress was glowing. Her eyes were crystal blue, that stared in disapproval at Sophie's choice of clothes.

When she caught Sophie giving her the same disapproving look she straightened up and smiled. "Hello Mr. And Mrs. Ruewen, lovely to see you, and miss Ruewen, it's good to finally meet you." lady Gardenia said. Sophie froze she had never been called Miss. Ruewen before, being called that made her feel uneasy, it was like she was trying to take Jolie's place. "Miss. Foster." Sophie corrected holding out her hand. Lady Gardenia's eyebrow rose, "I see." She wrinkled her nose at Sophie's outstretched hand.

Sophie knew bowing and curtsying showed respect to the host and hostess, but she really didn't want to trip over herself and fall on her face. Lady Gardenia shook Sophie's hand lightly. Sophie however shook her hand more firmly than she probably should have. "Thank you for inviting me into your hospitality." Sophie said, unclenching her jaw. Lady Gardenia took her hand back and smiled. "You're very welcome, come the others are already here." She said, sweeping around making her dress flare out. Sophie's heart pounded, she could fake sickness, from the hallway walk and to wherever they were walking.