Chapter 1: An Unfortunate Wedding

Anika was trying to wear her bridal attire. She was in the makeup room all alone with only her makeup woman helping her. Tears were forming in her eyes as she thought of Gauri's marriage. Her older sister had all hassle and bustle. She wished that the unfortunate accident had not taken place last week. She still got visions about it. She would not even have worn this red lehenga for another 2 years. But now she had to. Her uncle was getting married to some Oberoi. She had never met him, spoken to him or seen a picture. All she knew was that he had a lot of money. This was what she needed.

"I have to do this for Shivani."Anika thought looking over to the cradle where a little girl was fast asleep. Shivani was her daughter from wedlock. No one knew this but, everyone thought that she was her daughter from an old marriage except for her sister. She had moved to India from New York. Her family was angry with her for not telling them about the marriage. But were deeply saddened on knowing that their son-in-law had passed away(Gauri's Lie)

"Bhaiya, you have to wear blue today....you always wear black." Chimed Priyanka

Shivaay just nodded, he was deep in thought. He was going to marry a girl who already had a child with another man. Her family had died in a car crash the previous week. Now, she had no one and needed help looking after her child, her uncle had said. His mother had immediately accepted the proposal. He had come back home after five years and a wedding had already been arranged. He had come back to tell his mom about his love, Tia. But his mom was so busy that she barely had time to smile when he came home.

Anika was being led down stairs by a girl in yellow color ghagra. The man was seated already and the pandit was already waiting. She could not see anything properly because of the dupaatta. She was seated next to him in front of the fire and someone else took Shivani from her hands.

"Bhabhi...I will take her for now." A girl said. I assume that was Priyanka

Shivaay was trying to see the girl through the veil but he could not. He was slightly unsettled on seeing the bundle in the girl's hands that was taken by Priyanka. He could hear his cousins Om and Rudra snickering about something.

The pandit handed him the mangalsutr which he tied around her neck and filled her partition with sindoor.

A few minutes later as he was signing the marriage register did he realise how much he did not want this.

Author's note: In this story, Omru are not significant characters. Priyanka is Shivaay's real sister. Please vote and review.