Chapter Twenty-One

I woke up the next morning--well--afternoon. I slept late up until 12 o'clock and he was on his laptop next to me, the sheets over his legs as he sat with his back against the headboard. I sat up, running my hands through my hair and sighing.

"Good afternoon." He said with a chuckle, not looking at me.

"Tá mé tuirseach agus ní féidir labhairt mar gheall ar mo anáil maidin!" I said sleepily, heading into the bathroom to brush my teeth. He was obviously confused, having no idea of what the hell I said.

"What? I said 'good afternoon', why do you sound upset?"

I held up my forefinger, telling him to wait a second. I was only wearing a sports bra and leggings. After a minute, I spit into the sink and wiped my mouth. "I basically said I was tired and I couldn't speak because I don't like talking when I wake up."

He caught on to what I really meant and he rolled his eyes. "You realize you don't ever have bad morning breath, right?"

"You don't either but I still get anxious about if I do." I got back into bed and he closed his laptop, putting it on the nightstand.

"Well, you don't. We leave at six for the gala then we're making a run for it at ten." He said, taking me by surprise and laying down on his back to rest his head on my lap. He closed his eyes in relaxation.

I chose to ignore how weird it was. "Do you not like any type of party? This isn't that bad and there's no loud music."

"Peyton, I hate all types of celebrations. I can't explain it enough as to why I do."

"You're antisocial."

"Exactly. I just don't like people."

"You like me." I grinned.

He opened his eyes and looked up sat me, his hazel grey eyes bright and his pupils dilated. "Of course I do. You're my best exception."

At that moment, my phone started to go off. Without thinking, I leaned forward and grabbed my phone from near my feet. That caused for my sports-bra-only boobs to be right in his face for a good five seconds, which left both of us a light shade of red. "Sorry."

"It's fine. They've been in my face before." He smirked.

I blushed again and went to see why my phone went off. "I'm close to calling you a pervert at this point."

"All I said was that your breasts have been in my face, that doesn't necessarily refer to sex."

"Okay first, it totally does. And second, 'breasts'?" I furrowed my eyebrows at the way he'd said it.

"What?" He shrugged.

I stared at him for a second before chuckling. "You're so...weird."

"Says you. How am I 'weird'?"

"You just are, I can't explain it but that's okay you're cute anyways." I moved my legs from under his head and he rested with his hands behind his head as I moved to straddle his waist on top of him. "Lucian..."

"Yes?" He closed his eyes in relaxation.

"You know I care about you..."