Chapter Eighteen

Brantley's POV

I opened my eyes slowly and blinked against the morning sun. Looking down I saw the most beautiful sight I think I have ever seen. Smiling sleepily to myself, I knew I could get used to seeing this for the rest of my life. I had been asleep on my back with Lexi curled into my side with her head buried into my shoulder, her tan legs tangled with mine under the covers.

Her left hand was resting on my bare chest over my heart with her ring sparkling in the morning light. I placed a soft kiss on her forehead, wrapping my arms around her tighter. She sighed and snuggled further into me. I looked over at the time knowing we'd have to leave in the next few hours. The bus was due to get us about two and we both had to finish packing for this next leg. We'd be gone a little over a month before getting to come back home again.

Other than going to Mama's yesterday to tell her and Kolby the good news, we had pretty much been in our own bubble for the last few days. It had taken Mama bribing us both with fried chicken and a butt whooping to drag us out of bed yesterday. Was worth it though when Mama teared up when we told her we were engaged, then she made Lexi cry when she gave her a big hug and said welcome to the family baby girl. Then being typical Mama, she made both of us turn red by reminding us that she wanted grandkids, preferably soon.

"Morning sleepyhead," Lexi said softly. "What are you thinking so hard about?"

I rolled over to my side and faced her. I reached up and ran my fingers through her hair causing her to close her eyes again and sigh.

"Babe, you keep doing that and I'll go back to sleep," she said. "And as much as I want to stay like this, I know we've got to get up. I really don't want to walk all the way to Oklahoma and if aren't ready to go I'm sure Tony will make us."

I barked out a laugh, "Yea you are probably right." I rubbed my hand up and down her bare back before leaning over to whisper in her ear. "But that involves you having to put clothes on and right now I am not a fan of that idea at all." I felt her shiver against me before she looked up at me with a smirk before placing a kiss on my lips. I tried to deepen it but she pulled back making me pout. She reached up to tap a finger on my lips and smiled.

"Sorry buddy, but we've got to get up," she said with a laugh. I gave her an evil grin before sliding my hands down to tickle her sides. She shrieked out a laugh and tried to get away from me but I pinned her down and tickled her harder. I heard her gasp out between laughs.

"Can't.... breath.... B.... stop!"

With a laugh, I smiled down at her. Her eyes were twinkling with laughter as she looked up at me. I leaned down and placed a long sweet kiss on her lips before pulling back to look at her.

"So, the million-dollar question that everyone is going to be asking baby girl. When do you want to get married?" I asked with a smirk.

"Hmmm.... Who said I wanted to Mr. Gilbert," she quipped back with smirk until she felt my fingers slide to her ribs again. "Ok, ok, I was joking. I don't know babe. What do you think?" I leaned down and trailed kisses down her neck and drug the edge of my beard along as well making her shiver as I answered.

"Yesterday," I said with a growl. She smacked me lightly in the arm. I looked down at her and gave her a slow grin. "What I am serious I would marry you any day, today, yesterday, tomorrow. Just tell me when I'll be there with bells on."

She rolled her eyes as she reached up to run her fingers through my short hair.

"How about we seriously sit down and look at our calendars when we get on the road later and look at options. That could help with deciding where. I do know one thing though," she said.