Tag-along part 2

The disaster place

DATA: "This way sir."
(Data forces open a jammed door and they enter a room with some water on the floor and people groaning. Crusher and her medics start tending to them)
RIKER: "Are there any others? "
WOMAN: "cough ..Gone. It's just us. "
LAFORGE: "Commander!" (by a rock fall) "There's someone under here. "
(Data tosses rocks as if they were made of polystyrene, which they are)
LAFORGE: "You're getting close, Data. "
(Data uncovers a little girl, and lifts her out.)"Check the number on the pipe on the wall" (dun nun dun nun...!)
CRUSHER: "It's too late. She's dead. If only we'd gotten here a little sooner. " ( or maybe not you don't know)
DATA: "Sir, if indeed you have the power of Q." (Data you little I want to save everyone robot you ) CRUSHER: "I don't understand. Certainly you can't bring her back to life." (Watch him)
RIKER: "I can't. I'm prevented from that by a promise." ( oooh! Come on it wasn't a pinkie promise)
Back at the ship
RIKER: "I should never have made that agreement with you. I could have saved that child. "
PICARD: "You were right not to try. Once you became accustomed to that power, Number One. "
RIKER: "When I used it before, what happened? I saved most of our Bridge crew. "
PICARD: "And when you grow to like it too much? "
RIKER: "As soon as it's convenient Captain, I want a meeting with you and your Bridge staff."
PICARD: "As soon as we are secure of this rescue operation, I'll discuss all of this new power "
(But Riker has already gone to the turbolift)
(Later, Riker returns)
PICARD: "We can confer here on the Bridge, if no one has any objections. "
RIKER: "The Bridge will be fine, since I've called the entire staff. "
PICARD: "Correction, Number One. Knowing the decision you face, I have permitted you this gathering. "
RIKER: "Of course, Jean-Luc. "
(Crusher and Wesley enter)
RIKER: "Wesley, this meeting is not for you." WESLEY: "Why not, sir? You helped make me a Bridge officer. Acting Ensign."
RIKER: "All right, he stays. Because I've been given unusual powers, I am not suddenly a monster. Except for these abilities, and I don't yet know how far they go, I'm the same William T. Riker you've always known. Well? Everyone still looks uncomfortable. "
PICARD: "Perhaps they're all remembering that old saying. Power corrupts."
RIKER: "And absolute power corrupts absolutely. Do you believe I haven't thought of that, Jean-Luc? "
PICARD: "And have you noticed how you and I are now on a first name basis? Number One, Will, something has happened already." RIKER: "In what way? Haven't you seen how much I regretted not saving that child? Using the Q power to save her may not have been wrong. No more than it was wrong to save the rest of you from those soldier things."
PICARD: "Let's keep in mind that that particular danger was invented by Q."
TASHA: "What we represent to the Q, Commander, are lowly animals, tormented into performing for their amusement. " RIKER: "Actually, they think highly of us, Tasha. We have a quality of growth which they admire. "
LAFORGE: "Or fear. "
PICARD: "No, we've learned the Q do not admire us. The Q has muddled your mind. "
RIKER: "Don't you understand his incredible gift to me? "
Q: "Are these truly your friends, brother? "
(Everyone turns to see Q in a monk's habit)
Q: "Let us pray. For understanding and for compassion. "
PICARD: "Let us do no such damned thing! What is this need of yours for costumes, Q? Have you no identity of your own? "
Q: "I come in search of the truth. "
PICARD: "You come in search of what humanity is! "
Q: "I forgive your blasphemy. "
PICARD: "Don't you see, Riker? He's nothing but a flim-flam man! He's been that ever since we first met him at Farpoint. "
WORF: "Flim-flam? "
Q: "You offer Riker jealousy. What I offer him is clearly beyond your comprehension. How can you claim friendship for Riker while obstructing his way to the greatest adventure ever offered a human? "
PICARD: "Obstructing him? Then it's not yet certain. He's not yet committed."
Q: "The truly evil part of this, Captain, is your jealousy. (to Riker) You love each one of your people. Demonstrate it. You have the power to leave each of them with a gift proving your affection. "
RIKER: "There'd be no harm, would there, if I gave them something I know they'd like? "
Q: "How touching. A plea to his former Captain. May I please give some happiness to my friends, sir? Please sir? "
PICARD: "In fact I authorise and support your idea, Riker. Please, feel free to cooperate with him if you wish. "
DATA: "Are you certain, sir? "
PICARD: "Quite certain, Data. By all means, demonstrate your gifts of affection. "
RIKER: "Don't be frightened. There is no way I could harm any of you. Shall I guess your dreams? "
CRUSHER: "Leave now, Wesley. "
RIKER: "No! Wesley, I may know best of all. Our friendship, our long talks"
CRUSHER: "No, please! "
RIKER: "Have your favourite wish, my young friend. "
(Wesley is transformed from teenager to hunk)
RIKER: "You're ten years older. A man. "
C: " you took precious years away I cannot allow that *snap*"
LAFORGE: "Hey, Wes. Was Not bad a bit older"
RIKER: "Data. "
DATA: "No. No, sir. "
RIKER: "But it's what you've always wanted, Data, to become human. "
DATA: "Yes, sir, that is true. But I never wanted to compound one illusion with another. It might be real to Q, perhaps even you, sir. But it would not be so to me. Was it not one of the Captain's favourite authors who wrote, This above all, to thine own self be true? Sorry, Commander, I must decline."
C : "Also NO MEAnS NO"
RIKER: "Well, my friend, I know what you want. "
(He waves his hand in front of Geordi and takes off the visor)
Q: "you gonna do something about that?
"C: "He could already see with his visor just not in color "
LAFORGE: (to Tasha) "You're as beautiful as I imagined, and more. "
RIKER: "Then we can throw away the visor? "
LAFORGE: "I don't think so, sir. The price is a little high for me, and I don't like who I would have to thank. Make me the way I was. Please!"
(Riker does)
RIKER: "Proud warrior Worf, without a single tie to his own kind. "
(A Klingon woman is kneeling at his feet. She gets up, tries to swipe at Tasha, and gets knocked down by Worf)
WORF: "No! She is from a world now alien to me! "
LAFORGE: "Worf, is this your idea of sex? "
WORF: "This is sex. But I have no place for it in my life now. "
Q: No place, micro-brain? What possesses you?
C: ( I swat Q with my hand)
Q: : OW!
PICARD: "this is not right!"
RIKER: "How did you know, sir? I feel like such an idiot"
PICARD: "Quite right. So you should. It's all over, Q. You have no further business here".
Q: "Human, you have just destroyed yourself."
C : "Q don't be a sore loser!"
PICARD: "Pay off your wager. "
Q: "I recall no wager! "
C : " me either!"
PICARD: "I'm sure your fellow Q remember you agreed to never trouble our species again. Just as they're aware you failed to tempt a human to join you.
"Q: "No, wait!"
C: "come on Q we gotta go also not a Q Picard "
PICARD: "Q, I strongly suspect it's time to leave now. "
(Q screams as he disappears with me , the Klingon woman vanishes and everyone is moved to new positions)
PICARD: Extraordinary!
LAFORGE: Captain, we are showing that same hole in time again. Our instruments say we've just now beamed back from our rescue mission.
DATA: "Sir, how is it that the Q and there friend can handle time and space so well, and us so badly?"
PICARD: "Perhaps some day we will discover that space and time are simpler than the human equation. No coordinates laid in, Number One? "
RIKER: "Yes, sir. You have my coordinates, La Forge. "
LAFORGE: "Aye, sir. On the board. "
PICARD: "Engage."