And the children shall led with me!

The next episode I chose was a classic i even set up my own kid character with a backstory no parents one uncle taking care of my charectar on ticuraus perfect backstory with no explaining having to be done i of course choose myself but a bit younger age 11 and to be sure all mint dress with light blue shoes and ABSOLUTELY NO RED i was set.

[Planet surface]

(On the ground, beneath a purple sky, adults are lying motionless. Kirk, McCoy and Spock investigate. One man gets up from behind a rock.)
KIRK: "Professor Starnes?" (the man has a phaser, and looks terrified.) "It's Kirk."
(The man collapses without speaking.)
MCCOY: "He's dead, Captain. "
KIRK: "He didn't seem to know me. "
(Kirk takes the dead man's tricorder, then goes over to a woman and removes a vial from her mouth.)
MCCOY: "Cyalodin."
KIRK: "Self-inflicted."
(Kirk replays the tricorder.)
STARNES : "Must destroy ourselves! Alien upon us. The enemy from within. The enemy!"
KIRK: "All this. Self-inflicted. Mass suicide."
(The sound of children playing, then the kids run into the scene. There's two girls,three small boys and one older boy.)
MARY: You missed me.
STEVE: I did not.
TOMMY: Hi. Who are you?
KIRK: Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
TOMMY: I'm Tommy Starnes. This is Mary, Morgan ,Steve, Ray, and Don.
MARY: Come on. Play with us. Come on. (They make a circle and dance around Kirk.) Ring around the rosy, pocket full of posy. Ashes, ashes, we all fall down! Ring around the rosy, pocket full of posy. Ashes, ashes, we all fall down! (Morgan aka C is just wandering over to the bodies)

Captain's log, supplementary. We have buried the members of the Starnes exploration party. Everyone has been deeply affected by what has happened here, with some important exceptions.

(Grave markers with just surnames stand behind one or two mounds of soil. Kirk plants a UFP standard. The children have had enough.)
MARY: "Let's go and play. "
Morgan : "I'll stay here."
(They run off to the cave entrance and play tag)
KIRK: "No sign of grief? "
MCCOY: "No, Jim. No indication of any kind.
KIRK: Or of fear. "
MCCOY: "They seem completely secure and unafraid. "
KIRK: "And you insist their behaviour indicates traumatic shock? "
MCCOY: "I don't insist, Jim, but I can't dismiss the possibility. "
KIRK: "A child suppresses the fact that both parents are dead? I can't believe it.
"Morgan : "-mumbles- I'm sad though"
SPOCK: "Humans do have an amazing capacity for believing what they choose and excluding that which is painful. "
KIRK: "Not those children, to this extent. It's incredible. "
Morgan: "mhm"
MCCOY: "What those children saw is incredible, Jim. The way those deaths occurred, any reaction is possible including lacunar amnesia. That's my diagnosis. Until specific tests can be made, it remains that.
KIRK: I'll be guided by that opinion, Doctor, for the present. What about questioning them?"
MCCOY: "Not until the fabric of the traumatisation weakens or you come up with another explanation for their behaviour. Forcing them to see this experience now could cause permanent damage. "
KIRK: "Accepted, Doctor. "
(One of the boys knocks over the UFP standard.)
KIRK: "Careful. "
DON: "I'm, I'm sorry, Captain Kirk. "
KIRK: "Children. Children, listen to me. It's late and it's time to go up to the ship. "
Morgan: "Ok captain"
DON: "Oh, not yet. "
MARY: "But we're just beginning to have fun. "
RAY: "Not now. "
KIRK: "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. You'll go up with the doctor. "
MCCOY: "Come on. It's time to be going. "
-morgan follows McCoy-
KIRK: "Whatever happened here is locked up inside those children. "
SPOCK: "The attack on Professor Starnes' party must surely have been unprovoked. "
KIRK: "Attack? Mass suicide is what it seems to be. "
SPOCK: "I stand corrected, Captain. Induced would be a more precise term. Induced by an outside force. "
KIRK: "Such as? "
SPOCK: "The release of bacteria. Or a helpless mental depression and a state of suicidal anxiety could have been chemically induced. "
KIRK: "What would make the children immune? "
SPOCK: "I do not know, but it is possible. "
KIRK: "Then the children would have been exempted by conscious design."
SPOCK: "A valid assumption, I would say.
KIRK: And their present behaviour explained by a fear of punishment." SPOCK: "Or the promise of reward. "
KIRK: "An attack by an unknown assailant on an uninhabited planet. This planet is uninhabited, Mister Spock, to the best of our information?"
SPOCK: "At present, yes. (his tricorder beeps) Odd. " KIRK: "Getting a reading?"
SPOCK: "There seems to be some disturbance coming from that cave."
[Rec Room]
CHAPEL: All right, children. Each card is a different flavour. You take your pick, and the computer will mix your favourite combination. Now, what would you like? Call out your favourites.
ALL: Vanilla! Chocolate! Cherry! Banana! Mint!
(The kids and morgan grab cards and dash to the food dispensers.)
CHAPEL: Well, would you like a surprise, Stevie?
STEVE: -he gets his ice cream- It's coconut and vanilla. They're both white.
CHAPEL: There, there now, Stevie. There are unpleasant surprises as well as pleasant ones. That was your unpleasant surprise. Now, what would you like for your pleasant surprise?
STEVE: Chocolate wobble and pistachio.
CHAPEL: Well, coming right up.
STEVE: And peach.
CHAPEL: All right. It's going to be a wonderful surprise.