Natsu's Precious Food (Natsu)

Key:

(Y/n) = Your Name

(F/f) = Favorite Food

(F/d) = Favorite Drink

Shimatta = oh, no

Enjoy~~

You sat in the guild, reading your favorite book as you enjoyed the peaceful aura.

Well, as much peace as there ever was in Fairy Tail. Surprisingly, there wasn't much fighting in the guild as usual, since today was THE DAY.

Ara? You don't know what THE DAY is?

For the past month, Natsu has been going on multiple jobs with you and Happy, but mostly Happy because he was wearing you out with the missions. He, however, had endless, non-stop adrenaline. Happy shared the energy, too.

Why?

Well, Boredom-san was to blame, mostly.

Mira was bored one day in the guild, and so she started brainstorming what to do. Gruvia was canon (sorry if you don't ship it), and so was Jerza (sorry if you don't ship this either). Jellal finally had the guts to kiss and date Erza. After a BILLION years. Shipping others could wait.

Then, she came up with the idea to create some competition in the guild. She added something to her menu in the bar, something that nearly everyone in the guild loved and drooled for.

She put up "Mira's Special Dish: Free Food for a Week."

So everyone was pumped for the idea--I mean, who didn't love Mira's food, am I right?! Demo, the price of the special was the issue...

4,000,000 Jewel.

This money could easily be obtained by S-Class wizards, who got higher paying missions, but the S-Class wizards were not interested. Laxus needed no explanation as to why he wasn't interested, Erza enjoyed seeing others try (AKA suffer), and Gildarts was always away.

Most gave up, but one persistent, hot-headed, and, most importantly, HUNGRY fire dragon slayer was fired up to complete the task.

His work paid off. After one month, he earned his one week of food, which Mira was starting to regret putting up the offer in the first place.

Boredom-san, curse you.

Boredom-san is very sly, indeed.

Okay, back to the present.

Thus, Natsu was swallowing down spaghetti, fried chicken, pizza, dumplings, hamburgers...basically everything that Mira had on her menu. Happy stuck to his beloved fish, though he was sitting in a mountain of glorious fish, and he happily ate them with satisfaction.

You peeked up from your book after about an hour of reading, and rubbed your dry eyes and yawned. "Natsu, you're still eating?"

"Yeah, and Flame Brain here isn't willing to share any with ANYONE," Gray emphasized, sliding in the seat in front of you. "Not even a single fry. I asked for one and he refused."

"You ain't touching my food, Ice Prick!" Natsu defended through a full mouth. "Besides, go find your clothes!"

"SHIMATTA!" he shouted, and began searching for his clothes with Juvia trailing behind him like a lovesick puppy.

You pouted. "Aww...I was gonna ask you for some food since I'm kinda hungry..." you trailed off, resting your head on the table.

The fire dragon slayer blinked, and put some (f/f) on a separate plate before sliding it over to you. "Here you go, (Y/n)."

With the smell of the delicious food, you sat up straight immediately, staring hungrily at the plate. You then shifted your gaze over to Natsu confusedly. "I thought you didn't share with anyone?"

"You're hungry, right?" he asked as he resumed stuffing food down his throat. "Eat it. Plus, it's your favorite, isn't it?"

You stared at him before nodding slowly.

"Then you shouldn't be complaining," he muttered as he kept eating.

"Aye," Happy added, chewing on his fish contently.

A small flutter of warmth sparked in your heart, and you couldn't help but smile. It was adorable how your best friend tried to hide his sweetness even though he would go to the extremes to make you smile.

"Oi, Squinty Eyes, gimme some of that, too," Gray demanded after slipping on his shirt, reaching for a burger.

Natsu, in response, used his fire magic to wrap around his fist and punched the ice mage in the face. "KEEP YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF MY PRECIOUS FOOD, POPSICLE BREATH!"

Gray stumbled back, then caught himself and glared at the pink-haired pyro. "YOU WANNA GO, IDIOT?!"

"NOT WHEN I'M ENJOYING MY FOOD, YOU STRIPPER!" he yelled back.

Calmly, you took a sip of (f/d), and enjoyed your lunch. Your FREE lunch, may I add.

Ah, this was the life.

Thank you for reading! I really appreciate it. Comment and tell me what you think!

Stay awesome~