1. An Old Crush

AN: Few things to verify before continuing onto the story.

1. All characters are about in their early-to-mid twenties.

2. Obviously, this is an AU (Alternate Universe).

3. There will be implications of sex between characters and other mature content.

4. There are side-ships such as SoraxKairi, a one-sided XionxRoxas, AxelxDemyx, etc.

With that being said, enjoy! 😊

_____________________________________

Naminé had grown up with these four amazing and kind people her whole life in Twilight Town; Sora, Kairi, Riku, and Roxas.
They'd been friends since they were just little kids. Always playing around and giggling happily. Sora and Riku would always be dueling against each other (Riku would win most of the time, much to Sora's dismay), Kairi would watch and laugh at their competitive behavior, and Naminé would just sit on the ground, drawing them in her sketchbook while Roxas watched her, intrigued.
She remembered one time in the summer, while they all vacationed on Destiny Islands for a month, he had asked her why she always drew rather than chatting or competing with them. She had simply replied with that it was her way of keeping the memories of them together. He smiled and had told her to make sure to draw a lot of pictures of them together, then.
As soon as he had spoken those words, her heart had fluttered in a way it never did before. At that point, she knew she thought of Roxas as more of a friend. She loved each of her friends dearly, but Roxas was different. Roxas was someone that was special to her in her heart. Someone that was the most important thing to her. She could never tell him this, though. Why? Because it would ruin things between them. It would ruin their friendship either way. If he didn't like her, it'd make things awkward. If they were to break up, a tension would appear between the two of them and it'd ruin their bond and moments together with Sora, Riku, and Kairi. So she would rather just let this crush go, even though it would hurt her deeply to see him romantically involved with someone else. If that meant a good relationship between them, however, then so be it.

It was currently late spring in Twilight Town and the clock was set at noon. Roxas and Sora were off doing their part-time jobs (delivering letters for Roxas and exterminating bees for Sora) while Riku trained for the latest Struggle Tournament. With nothing better to do, Naminé decided to spend the day with Kairi until one of the boys were free.
She wore a white blouse with denim blue jeans and a pair of snowy slip-ons, her blonde hair flowing down nicely a little past her shoulders. She met Kairi by one of the little shops on the street. Kairi wore a dark purple crop top and white jeans with purple converse. Her dark crimson hair was put up into a messy bun.
"Hey, Kairi." Naminé greeted with a kind smile.
"Hey!" She smiled widely, pulling the blonde into a brief and friendly hug. "How was your morning?"
She shrugged her shoulders. "It was fine. Nothing special. How about you? Were you able to see Sora?" At least Naminé wasn't the only one to crush on a close friend. Except Kairi had the guts to confess. Although, she wouldn't be surprised if Kairi knew he returned her feelings. Sora didn't make it that secretive. Riku always teased him about it.
"I did, actually. He's made a promise recently to always see me before work." A giggle escaped her lips.
Naminé's lips curled up into a smile. A pang of jealousy did hit her, though. She wished that Roxas did that for her. However, he had no reason to. Sora and Kairi were dating. They weren't. "That's sweet of him. It shows he really cares about you. And that he loves you."
Kairi's cheeks went pink at her comment, a shy smile on her face. "Yeah...it does, doesn't it?" She laughed a little. "How about you and Roxas? Is there anything going on between you two yet?"
Kairi was the only one Naminé had told about her little crush on Roxas. After all these years, she still wasn't over him. This wasn't a surprise for her though. She didn't expect her feelings for him to ever vanish. "No." She sighed sadly. "Honestly, Kairi, I don't expect anything more to happen between us. I mean, I don't want to ruin things, and he has all of these other beautiful girls in his life now. Xion, Olette, Aqua..."
A frown formed on Kairi's lips to hear her best girl friend speak so negatively of the possibilities of a romantic relationship of her and Roxas. "Okay, Aqua is more of an older sister, Olette is totally into Hayner, and Xion, well, I doubt Roxas likes her that way because Riku is into her."
"I know, but still. There's Larxene too." She looked down, a sorrow expression on her face.
"Larxene? Seriously, Naminé? You think Roxas would go for Larxene?" Larxene was one of the most meanest people in Twilight Town, and probably the most mean girl. Roxas only hung around her because of Axel and Xion.
"Okay, maybe not. I just...I don't know, Kairi. Those girls are all beautiful...I'm nothing compared to them."
"No, no. They're nothing compared to you. You're an amazing girl, Naminé! Roxas would be crazy to choose any one of those girls over you."
"You really think so?" She looked up at her.
"I know so." Kairi smiled confidently. "Come on. Let's go get some ice cream and goof around until Sora and Roxas are off work."
"What about Riku?" Naminé rose a brow, tilting her head.
"Who knows when he'll be free? You know how competitive he can be. He'll train all day if he wants to." Kairi giggled.
Naminé giggled along with her before giving a nod of her head. "All right. Let's go, then."

After a couple of hours of snacking on some Sea Salt ice cream and chatting and walking around, it was time to go see Roxas and Sora, and possibly Riku. The girls met up with the boys at the center of the town. Kairi instantly ran up and embraced Sora. They shared a kiss and whispered "I miss you's" to each other.
Riku, who had surprisingly ended up showing up, rolled his eyes and teasingly said, "Geez, you two, get a room!"
The five of them laughed, Sora and Kairi laughing of embarrassment as they pulled back from their embrace. Naminé turned towards Roxas and smiled. "Hello, Roxas."
"Hi, Naminé." He greeted back, smiling back warmly. Gosh, did that smile get her.
"So, how did all of your days go?" Riku asked.
"Okay. I think I might have some bee stings..." Sora spoke, examining his arms. They laughed.
"Naminé and I hung out most of the day. So that was fun." Kairi said, smirking over at Naminé from their first conversation. Naminé blushed.
"Mine went pretty well too. I think I'm trained pretty good by now. Still going to train though. Extra practice never hurts." Riku smiled, and looked at Roxas. "What about you, Roxas?"
"Oh, well, my day went pretty good." He shrugged before perking up as he remembered something. "Oh! I almost forgot. Axel said he's having a party tonight at his place. He said I could invite you all."
"Well I'm in. What about you guys?" Riku spoke, looking at Sora, Kairi, and Naminé. Sora and Kairi agreed happily, but Naminé looked down shyly.
"Oh, I don't know...I mean, I don't really know Axel or his friends..." She spoke softly.
Roxas placed a hand onto her shoulder. "That's fine! I can introduce you. Come on, you gotta go. You don't want to miss a fun time." He smiled.
"I...I don't know, Roxas...I don't think--"
"Roxas, could I speak to Naminé for a moment?" Kairi cut her off, stepping forward.
"Um, sure."
Kairi grabbed a hold of Naminé's wrist and pulled her to a secluded spot from the boys. "You have to go! This could be your chance to have a good time with Roxas and confess to him!"
"Kairi, I don't know. I don't think I can." She sighed.
"Of course you can! Look, go tonight and if nothing happens, then I won't bug you anymore and let you do your own thing."
Naminé thought about this for a moment and then nodded in agreement. "Okay, fine. Deal."
Kairi grinned. "Great! Now let's go tell Roxas."
They went back to the boys and Naminé smiled at Roxas and said, "I'll go."

_____________________________________

AN: And there's the end of chapter 1! Hope you guys enjoyed it. Things will get interesting now. 😉 Leave some comments! I'd love to hear your feedback.
Til' then! 😊