Werewolf Knowledge

This is just going to be a little segment explaining some terms typically found in werewolf books and concepts that are in MY book.

I'm doing this mainly for those readers who don't really know much about werewolf books and for those readers who have never heard of a concept that is in my book but not in any other's they have read. (which I doubt is possible.)

- - - - -

Mates: Also known as soul mates.

- They are pretty much just two people who have been fated to be together romantically.

- In my book, this is determined by the moon goddess at the age of 16. So when a werewolf hits the age of 16, they are susceptible to finding a mate.

- Humans are not aware of this connection until they find their werewolf mate.

- Mate bonds can be werewolf to werewolf and werewolf to human. NO human to human.

- They only get one mate in their entire lifetime.

Pack House: A place where the important families live and the Omegas that help.

- The Alpha & Luna and their kids. The Beta & Beta Female and their kids.

- The Omegas that help aka maids, cooks, etc.

Alpha/Luna: The leaders of the werewolf pack.

- Alpha is male.

- Luna is female.

Beta: The second in command to the Alpha/Luna.

- Betas are the second highest rank.

- They are kinda of like a "back up Alpha/Luna".

- If something happens to the Alpha/Luna or they aren't present in the pack, they step in for them.

Omega: A werewolf in the pack that isn't an "important" pack member.

- In other words, Omegas are all of the werewolves in a pack that aren't in the Alpha or Beta family.

The Village: Where all the Omegas live.

- A bunch of houses located around the pack land.

Rogue: A werewolf that doesn't belong to a pack because they have been kicked out.

- They eventually become delusional and bloodthirsty so essentially they are just evil werewolves in a sense.

Exodus: A werewolf who doesn't belong to a pack because it was torn apart by an attack on the pack.

- An exodus is usually one of the few werewolves who survive the attack on their pack because they managed to escape.

- Unlike Rogues, they don't become delusional and bloodthirsty, they remain normal.

Turning: Transforming a human into a werewolf with a bite.

Pup: Werewolves that are children.

- Also used as an insult to grown werewolves because the pups in a pack are weak because they haven't gone through training or their first shift.

Warriors: Basically the pack army.

Royal Ceremony: Used to title a new Alpha/Luna.

- The Alpha & Luna both welcome their child to the pack by having their child say an oath and then at midnight, they lead all werewolves over the age of 16 on a run.

- The run signifies the pack following their new leader into what ever troubles they will face while the new Alpha/Luna is in charge.

Blood Ceremony: Used to welcome a new pack member.

- The Alpha/Luna cuts their hand with a knife as well as the werewolf they wish to add to the pack's hand and then they shake hands and say an oath.

- - - - -

So far this is all I can think of, but I will surely update it as the book progresses.

If you have any term you want me to add to this little chapter here, send me a message or comment on this sentence.