CHAPTER 16

Phil's POV

"Hi! Nice to meet you!" Dan says excitedly, but I can hear the tiredness in his voice. A

few people ago, Dan said we were nearing the end of the meetup, but I'm not sure how many are still waiting for a Happy Dan and Phil. It's always wonderful to meet our fans, but after a while it gets repetitive. I get worn out a lot sooner now than I used to. The faces used to blur together after a couple hours of meeting people, but now I don't even have that stimulation to keep my spirits up. Some fans went the extra step to bring in textured gifts or audio cards which they presented to me and Dan with what I can only assume to be grins on their faces.

After Dan's greeting there is a slight pause and I can't help but wonder what is going through this person's head. I don't know if they're too emotional to speak or what's going on when suddenly the young girl speaks. She sounds about twelve as she tentatively begins to speak. "Hi! Do-"

However, Dan quickly cuts her off, to my confusion. "I remember you!" He practically shouts. I furrow my eyebrows together in confusion and do my best to try and squint through my glasses to figure out who on Earth Dan has recognized in the meet and greet line.

The girl giggles, probably elated that Dan recognized her. "Really?! I'm so glad! I was afraid you wouldn't, and that would have been a little awkward," She says shyly.

I know that voice, I think to myself. I'm just not sure who it belongs to. Everyone's voices, hold for Dan's, have kind of just muddled together as the line of people dwindled. I then feel something soft brush up against my legs. Is that a dog? Then it all clicks into place and I feel a smile of recognition find it's place on my face.

I reach down and offer a gentle pat to the top of the dog's head. "Oh, we could never forget you and Mickey!" I say cheerfully.

"I'm glad. How's Nevada?" She asks us.

"She is doing great!" I tell her. "We brought her with us, but because of health issues we couldn't have her at the meet up."

Amy nods. "That's understandable," She says.

"Would you like a picture?" I hear Dan ask. I can practically feel the happiness radiating off of Amy and I can't help but smile even wider and I'm sure Dan is doing the same. Amy is just such a bubbly person that she passess happiness to everyone she meets.

I hear a shuffling noise and assume she is handing Dan her phone or a camera. "Look slightly to the right," Dan instructs. He's been telling me this for the entirety of the meetup as fans ask for pictures, and now Amy is benefiting from it too. I hear the shutter of the camera as the picture is taken and then Dan hands the phone back to Amy. "Now look straight ahead for the professional picture," he says. I turn slightly to face the cameramen. "Done," Dan says after a few seconds and the sound of multiple shutter clicks.

"Is there anyone else in line?" I ask curiously.

"Nope," Dan answers.

"I'm the last one," Any confirms. "I wanted to be the last one so Mickey and I could just hang around the back and not accidently distract anyone or get too close and have people want to pet him because technically he's working right now," she explains.

"Hey, uh, could I take a picture of us on my phone? I know it sounds weird, but you've actually inspired me a lot. When we first met, however long or short ago that was I can't remember, I couldn't stop thinking about how happy you seemed despite being, you know, blind, and well- it got me thinking that I wanted to be like that a-again. Anyways, I'll only take it if it's okay with you and your mum?"