Fading glass

The foot steps drew closer I could hear them. A lady not much older than my mom (around 40-43) came by the cell. "Brookes, Tomas?"
I nodded
"Come with me please."
She led me to a dark room which had a table, a height chart at the back, a camera and a bulletproof window on the wall. I looked through the window but I couldn't see through it was too dark. The lady turned on the lights and walked through the door to a desk behind the window. While she gave me directions through a microphone on her desk about where to stand, which way to face and how to look all I could think of was the glass. Why was it there? Did they think I was going to hurt her because I wouldn't.

The lady said that there should be a piece of black card stock on the desk in front of me with my name and information on it. I was to hold up the card stock and look straight into the camera.
" keep a straight face and no silly faces please." She told me.
I did as I was told.
The first time she took the picture and the light flashed I flinched and then apologized. God why was that light so bright it's like they were trying to blind me or something. Again she directed me to stay still.

Yet again while directing me on how to stand in certain positions and stand in certain places my mind wandered back to the glass. What would happen if that glass just vanished, disappeared and we were face to face would she run because of my crimes and call for help. Or would she just continue with the mugshots like there was still a transparent plate dividing criminal from civilian. Soon I imagined the whole wall disappearing now there were just two desks dividing us. One thing that I had realized was that the only difference dividing us two was that she enforced the law and I broke it.