that'll be the day

It was a nice summer breeze coming through me window. I was practicing me guitar which Mimi hates. Me mate  Paul McCartney and George Harrison  was coming to practice. My names John by the way. John Lennon. I'm a liverpooian lad that's aunt and uncle brought up. Me mum and dad left but that's a whole different story I'm not gonna get into. I see me mum once in a while.  Anyways I'm in a rock and roll band called the silver Beatles. Its me,Paul,George, Stuart skuffle, and Pete best.

We play at night clubs. Most relevant one is the caravan. Its a cheap place. Smells like cigarettes,beer and sweat. But other than that its not that bad.
"John! Your school mates are here."  That's me aunt Mimi. She doesn't like Paul or George and she thinks I won't make it with playing in a rock and roll band as a living.

  "John. I got some new songs by Buddy Holly."  Paul said. We played our guitars and sang for a while.
  "How 'bout going out aye?" I suggested. Grins appeared on there young faces. I was a year older than Paul and two years older than George. But George could really play the guitar.

"We're going out Mimi."

    "Just be back before your limit        John."

       "Yes Mimi."

       "I mean it John. And put your glasses on. Glasses John."

I slipped on the glasses and when I was out of her sight I took them off. "So what do you wa-" I tuned Paul out as soon as I saw a beautiful bird. I turned on my witty charms and walked over to her. "Ello." She smiled. "Hello." Clearly she hasn't heard of me.

"I'm John Lennon."

   "Anna love."

  "Darling name for a beautiful bird like you " she blushed.

  "Why thank you."

  "Nice day out. Would you like to take a stroll with me and me lads?"

  She looked at her watch and then behind her then back at me.

  "Sure."

We walked around the park and Paul and George wondered off. They know when I'm on my move.

        "So where ye from?"

          "I'm from Liverpool. Me family lives here and they are sending me to an art college."

To my surprise she liked art like me.
        "Do you know what the    
        school is called?"

         "Liverpool art academy I  
        believe."

         "Really that's where I'm
          going."

    She laughed. "Would ye like to go out with me sometime?"

    Her eyes twinkled. "I would love to John." A smirk appeared on me face. "Great, tomorrow meet me a Micky's. I'll have a surprise for you. 7 o'clock ok."

   Her smile become bright. There was something about her that was different. She had a certain touch that excited me. Her eyes had a warm glow in them.

   I gathered all my thoughts and I started to speak but no words seem to form. Then George and Paul came. "Aye lads. How was your stroll?" Paul asked. "Great."
  My eyes fixed with hers. "I-I should get back home for dinner. See you tomorrow." Her warm body fled and I watched her walk away. "John. John. Oh John." McCartney's voice interrupted my thoughts. "What? Huh?" They laughed. "Looks like Johnny boy is in love." Paul said to George.

"Shut up. She's just a bird."

"Not any bird. A bird your in love with." Replied George.

I shined them off. And walked around. "Aye Lennon." I turned around and saw a lad.

                 "Yea."

            "What are ye doing messing around with me sister Anna?"

          "Your sister."

          "Yes. I've eard 'bout you. And I don't like you. Your a trouble maker. And your gonna break me sister's heart."

       "No I won't I just met her today." I started to walk away.

     "Don't walk away from me."
He grabbed my shoulder and pulled me toward him. He punched me in the face. The last thing I heard was "John!" In Anna's voice. I got up and aided the blood off my face.

  I took a swing at him and my fist connected to his face.  "John please." We were having a showdown then Paul and George broke us up. "Stay away from me sister Lennon I mean it." He said pulling Anna along with him.

  I had pretty bad hits. "I'm gonna go home lads." They shook their heads. I walked in and I tried to hide my face from Mimi. But there was a person there that caught my attention.  She had a nice figure and then I saw her face. Realised who it was.