Chap 2 (New job)

"*sigh* I'm y/n, and as Long as you don't tell anyone about this, I Guess I'd work as your assassin." Y/n said, resigned with nowhere to go. "Any qualifications?" Black hat asked, not looking up from his paperwork. "I can speak several languages, my skin has enhanced endurance.... and I'm well versed in martial arts and use of guns, swords, axes, just any weapon you can think of." Y/n slouched in her seat. "Uh huh..... then mind doing a demonstration?" Black hat said, slightly intrigued. Y/n saw a fly in the air, and threw a small dagger from her pocket at it, impaling the insect on the wall. Black hat inspected it. "Hmm, Guess its fine." He sat down.

"Ok final question, where so many cowards failed..... would you be willing to stay here, with minimum wage and no insurance for safety? Would you die for me?" He stared ahead intently. "Sure, doesn't matter if I die anyways." Y/n shrugged. "Well then you're hired as my assassin. You will address me as boss and just don't betray me and i won't kill you..." Black hat cackled wickedly. Y/n could hear some cheers coming from outside. "Hey dr flug, prepare a room for what's her name-" "y/n?" "Yeah, get y/n's room ready. He yelled at the door and left.

"Well, u-um, just so you know, um, you can call me dr Flug, I-I'm the scientist, the blue bear over there is experiment 5.05, and w-well the crazy red haired girl is Demencia." Dr Flug tried to make small talk with y/n while leading her to her room, unsure of the quiet stranger. "Our boss is called Black hat, a-and he sells weapons and stuff to make profit. It's like an evil Organisation here.." he laughed nervously. Y/n offered a half smile in response. "..Ahem, well here's your room, a-and you'll be staying opposite Demencia's , so don't mind the noises. If you need anything, just call me and I- I'll er.. come right over....." Dr Flug's voice trailed off as he hastily left. Y/n opened the door to find an elegant yet eerie looking room with a bed, closet, table with a dressing mirror, and an empty bookshelf. "Good enough..." she thought, putting her bag down.

For the rest of the night, y/n played silently on the guitar on her bed, thinking about the freedom she had from her family for once in her life. It was..... thrilling, yet uncertain. She would be hounded by Him and his men, and she wondered if they knew about Martin helping out with her escape. For now, she was satisfied with having a job that suited her skill set and a place to stay, with her mask to conceal her identity. "What lies for me now?" Y/n wondered as she felt the burnt mark on her back and drifted off to the one of the most peaceful sleep she had in years.