That obligatory part in every Hamilton fanfiction with a storm

Eventually, Angelica went to her bedroom and left John alone surrounded by the rest of them. A light sprinkle of rain began to fall from the light gray clouds outside of the window. The calming sound began to lull John into a dreamless sleep. The clouds began to get darker and darker as they drifted through the sky. The light winds began to push the clouds faster as the winds picked up. A low growl of thunder came through the closed window. John stirred slightly, then a flash of lightning, and a crash of thunder. John woke up to the storm, he looked around. Peggy seemed to still be asleep, Eliza had fallen on the floor but she didn't wake up. He looked down at Alexander, he was shaking slightly and snuggled deeply into John's side. Another sudden crash caused both John and Alexander to jump. Alexander looked up at John, trying to see if he was awake. "I'm sorry... uh, did I wake you?" Alexander spoke quietly, silent tears running down his face. John shook his head softly, "oh, no the storm woke me," Alexander turned his eyes to the floor. He hastily wiped his cheeks, moving to the edge of the couch, but more tears just came poring from his eyes. John moved closer to him, "Alex, what's wrong? Are you afraid of the storm?" Alexander laughed slightly, "yeah, it's really dumb. Uh, I'm sorry that you have to see me like.... this." He gestured to his slightly disheveled appearance. John spoke quietly, "no, it's alright, Alex I... I want to help you." Alex laughed sourly, "if you wanted to help me, you would need to learn about my pass and it isn't exactly the happiest thing in the world." John gently placed a hand on his back, "That's okay. I still want to help you." Alexander turned to face John, "really?" John embraced him in a hug, "yes, really." After a minute Alex spoke again, "o-ok." The thunder had seemed to stop, until suddenly another loud boom! Alex jumped as a flash of an emotion John couldn't recognize, a small yelp left his mouth, followed by a string of "I'm sorry"s and "why couldn't I save you"s. A deep look of concern was plastered on John's face, "Alex, why are you so scared of storms?" Alex let out a heart-wrenching sob. John just contented himself with wrapping Alexander in a huge hug. Alex sobbed into his shoulder for the duration of the storm.  

The storm died down slowly, and by this time Alex and John had ended up on the floor in one of the huge closets in the Schuyler household. John was letting Alex lean on him, both physically and emotionally. As the storm left, Alex looked up at John. John shifted slightly before speaking, "Alex?" Alexander made a quiet humming noise in response. John hesitated slightly before letting the words fall out of his mouth, "why are you so afraid of storms? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I know it might be a sensitive topic and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable." Alexander moved closer to John, "It's a long, sad, story, are you sure you want to here it?" He rubbed Alex' arm, "I want to know, but only if you want to tell me." Alex took in a deep, shaky breath, "well, it actually it was two years ago, I was 16.  My dad left when I was ten, and my mom and I both got really sick. As you can tell I survived..."  He trailed off, a few tears running down his face. "But she... s-she d-died. When I was thirteen. So I was all alone, and a hurricane hit. I was scared out of my mind. When it first started, it went on for four hours. Suddenly it stopped. I had begun to calm down, I could s-see and hear  people screaming for help outside, reaching for buildings. The storm i-it picked up again. I-I..." He began to bawl uncontrollably, clutching onto John's shirt. John just shushed him, "it's alright, it's alright." Alexander kept trying to speak, but only sobs and whimpers left his mouth. He sat up as he  finally managed to speak, "I watched my... M-my b-best friend he... I-I can't believe I-I just w-watched... he's d-dead. Oh my God why couldn't I-I have s-saved everyo-one." Alexander completely broke down. Despite having been sitting next to John, he was no longer able to hold himself up, and he collapsed onto John, who simply held him and let him cry. He checked his watch, it was already 4 am. Alex had fallen back asleep, so John lifted his small, curled up form back to the living room. At some point Peggy and Eliza had gone to their bedrooms, and he decided to find him and Alex a guess room. After a bit of searching he set Alex down on the bed, lifting the blankets onto his tiny form. He seemed minuscule buried in the fluffed blankets. John slid in beside him, hugging him tightly. Noting the tears that continued to spill out of his closed eyes, he wiped them, then drifted off into a deep slumber himself.

OOOHHH look who's backkkkkk! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! My writing has  definitely improved tell me what you think of it! I'm on break right now, so I'll update things! welp bye!