Monday's Walk of Shame

Alyssa's POV 

After the party on Friday my head continued to pound all through Saturday and Sunday. I'm just glad none of my teachers gave me any homework this weekend cause I would have never been able to focus long enough to do it. I woke up Monday morning showered off the weekend stench of booze and picked out my outfit for the day. I decided on some high waisted denim shorts with a flowy light blue tank top and my converse. I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door to school. I drove down the road and into the parking lot. I parked my car and walked into school just like any other day. However when I started up the main hallway silence came upon me. I could only hear the whispers from some of the girls standing together, they were saying "Can't believe she actually showed up today." "Sure she's still hungover." "Two weeks here and already turning into the school slut, giving it up to anyone who wants it." I scoffed and continued walking down the hall to my locker. I opened it and took some books out. Everyone soon began to talk again as if nothing was wrong. I went to close my locker when Mox came up with Jules by his side. Mox said "Your looking a bit down this morning don't ya think?" I said "It was the strangest thing, I'm coming down the hall and everyone just stops what there doing just to stare at me. Did something more happen at the party that I don't remember?" They both shakes there head with Jules saying "Last we saw you it look like you were gone pasted out on the couch." The bell rang signaling us to get to class I waved bye to them as I made my way to 1st period. 

A few hours later at lunch I was sitting at the table with the cheerleaders. We were discussing the new routine that we were gonna learn this week for the game on Friday. They were all so excited but all I could think about was why some people were still giving me all these disgusted looks. Jules came over to sit with me. We talked for a bit before Darcy came over and sat across form us. She had Lance on her arm and she said "Hey girls sorry I'm late got a little hung up with this superstar in English class. Just couldn't find the right place to put that semicolon, right Lance?" He glanced over to me and nodded his head yes back to Darcy. We chatted for the rest of lunch, Lance went over to sit with the guys and thank god cause he was eyeing me a whole lot which I found kinda awkward considering Darcy was there and everything. Once lunch let out, as we were walking to math class I asked Jules, "Hey, did Lance say anything about me after the party Friday night? Like did he see me after everyone left?" She said "He was the one who gave you the ride home, he found you asleep on the bed and since he was too drunk to drive fell asleep too in the same room so that when he woke up he wouldn't need to look for you in order to get you home safely." Wow, so Lance actually helped me and didn't try and take advantage, at least that's what his sister says. 

Later on after school, I was walking down the hallway heading out the parking lot to drive home when I was pull aside behind the science building. The arm was strong who pulled me and before I could look at the person I knew juts who it was, Mr. Superstar himself, Lance Harbor. I was shocked to say the least. He had placed me up against the wall as he stood a distance away from me, I finally said "What the hell Harbor are you trying to give a heart attack before graduation?" He chuckled and said "Sorry, I just had to talk to you before you left today. About Friday night, do you remember anything after we almost had sex?" My eyes literally popped out of my head and said "WHAT!" He was surprised and scared to see what I said next and said "Yeah don't you remember drinking all those drinks calling me a dork and taking off all of your clothes?" As he uttered all those words to me I started to see flashbacks from that night. In the living room drinking anything I could find, sexily sliding my shorts off my body, kissing Lances moist beer flavored lips, biting on his neck trying to get him to take off his pants so we could finally make love, falling asleep side by side. It had all come back to me. I whispered "Oh my god, I'm such a bad friend, how could I do that to Dracy even after I promised to look out for you." Lance could see I was feeling very remorseful and hugged me so tight trying to take away all those bad feelings. He cooed "Its ok, alcohol makes you do some crazy things but..." As he said that he released from our embrace and looked me straight in the eyes to say "Sometimes it's a blessing in disguise." We both looked at each other and I could feel the passion between us, I needed to close the gap between us and I'm glad Lance thought so too. We kissed and this time there was an undeniable spark that ignited fireworks in my heart. I knew Lance felt something too because he begged me to deepen the kiss and we did. We finally released from our lip lock and I couldn't have felt any better. 

He spoke suddenly saying "I have to go, practice starts in like 10 minutes and star quarterbacks can not be late. He gave me one last peck and raced out back to the football field. As I came out from behind the building and began walking down the hall again I have this giddy feeling in the pit of my stomach. I felt like nothing could get any better then this. I hopped into my car and drove all the way home thinking about this day. It started out pretty rocky but ended almost like a fairytale. And then it hit me, I didn't get the prince, cause the prince already has a girlfriend, my best friend Darcy.

*Theres the first of many updates for this weekend. I'm planning on updating Young Blood and Twisted Love Story as well this weekend. Just give me some time but I promise to do them. Hope you enjoyed this part of American Dream and vote and comment to let me know how much you liked it. Thanks for reading I really appreciate it💕*