Chapter 1 - Waking up

"He is awake. He is awake."  Viola screams, tears of joy streaming down her cheeks.

She moves the comm set a little further and shows us, Todd, trying to sit up with no success of course. Viola leaves the comm down on the floor and pulls him down gently.

"I have to hang up. Todd is a bit upset. I'll call you later."

(Viola)

I am sitting on the Spackle-made chair, holding the diary, I reached the end yesterday and now I am back on the beginning. Ben is lying on the ground next to me sleeping for two hours now, it sounds reasonable cause he was in the valley all day yesterday, helping the new settlers. 1017 is still outside, I can hear him, waiting for Todd to wake up. He wants to apologize for everything but I ain't forgive him. I take a glance at the still sleeping Todd and I see his hand moving a little.I immediately approach the table made of stone and grab it, tons of feelings cross my heart. "Todd, if you are awake just move it a little bit more," I whisper in a pleading tone and I feel the movement of his hand on mine and I am so happy and excited cause he heard me, he really came back to us, he is here.

I leave his hand gently and run to Ben's side. I shake his arm a little and he opens his eyes, facing my big smile.

"What happened?" His Noise asks as he rubs his eyes and sits up, groaning cause the ground of Pathways is not the best place to sleep on. 

"Todd's awake. He moved his hand. He is alright." I scream from happiness taking my comm out of my jacket's pocket and call Lee.

"He is alive," I exclaim really delighted and turn to my back. Todd's eyes are open and he tries to sit up with no success after all. Ben's now marching towards him. "I have to hang up. Todd is a bit upset. I'll call you later." I tell them, turn off the comm set and drop it on the ground.

Todd is scared for some reason, I cannot read him though, he won't let me. I don't think that Ben can read him either cause he runs outside without saying anything. Meanwhile, Todd still trying to sit up, violently this time and his chest start bleeding again even though I am sure that his condition is better.

"Todd, you're hurting yourself," I tell him, putting my hands on his chest and back, trying to calm him down but it won't work. 

He does not answer, just groans and lies back down after a while. I want to kill 1017 at that point but I keep my temper and run out really worried and so pissed and I face him. 1017, the new Sky, the creature who almost killed my Todd, the one I almost murder and start the war again. Ben is talking to him.

"I need help," I say to him, it's the first time I've spoken to The Sky since he shot Todd.

"The Sky is willing to help the Knife. I've already sent my voice to our best healer."

In a matter of minutes, I see a Spackle coming and greeting his leader. 1017 does not answer to that, just follows me, Ben and the Spackle inside. We insert the Pathways and see Todd touching his chest with his right hand and pressing his wound. The Spackle takes it away and grabs Todd's body. He puts a liquid which was next to the stone bed on Todd's wound, I am pretty sure it's some kind of cure and the bleeding immediately stops. Todd lies down relieved, this time I can see it in his Noise, he finally opened it. He shuts his eyes down and breathes heavily. I don't know if he has realized what's going on cause he did not even recognize me. 

"Is he gonna be okay?" I ask while looking at him. 

"Yes, but probably you should take him back to the ship." 1017's voice shows, gently for the first time since I first met him. He still hates Todd but he wouldn't try to kill him, not now that we are in peace, not after realizing his fault.