Chapter 18: Is That Really You?

Four Years Later

Elliot's POV

"Dad, it's Mom." Becka spoke, as she approached me. I looked up at her and frowned.

"Why is she calling?" I questioned, and she shrugged.

"No idea."

I took the phone from Becka, and frowned before speaking.

"Hello, Dani." I stated.

"Hey, El. How are you?" She asked, and I rolled my eyes at her pleasantries.

"I'm okay. Why are you calling?" I spoke.

"I was wondering if you and Becka would come down for a weekend? I miss both of you." She spoke, and I sighed.

"Maybe you should've thought about that 6 years ago. I've got to go. I'm taking Becka to Boston for 4th of July. They have great fireworks there." I stated.

"Please, El. Danny also misses you." She stated, and I frowned.

"I'm not his father, Dani. Take care."

I hung up and sat the phone down. I leaned back in my chair and Becka came back in.

"Dad, can we get going? I really want to go swimming." Becka smiled and I nodded.

"Deal. Come on, Becks." I spoke. I stood and mussed up my daughter's hair. She laughed and pushed me.

"Hey, don't hurt me! I'm old!" I exclaimed, and she laughed.

"Sure, Dad. Sure."

<^>

I drove with my ten year old to Boston. I didn't even really care about coming here anymore, because I don't even know where Olivia was living anymore. I had left SVU, and was working as a Detective for Brooklyn SVU. I don't even go into the city to see the crew anymore. 

I spend time with my kids, and work. That's it. Well and an occasional date,but nothing much.

"They are already shooting off fireworks." Becka laughed, as we drove past a few drunk people, even though it was only noon, shooting off fireworks.

"Oh god." I stated and she smiled.

We continued to drive and I pulled into the cabin I had bought just to take Becka to. The other kids would come down for the fourth, which was two days from now.

"Alright, you know the drill." I sighed, as I got into the back of the truck.

"Yeah. We bring in everything, than open all the window to air it out. Then we put our stuff away. THEN we can go into Boston and get food." Becka smiled, and I threw a pillow at her.

"Good job remembering, Sassy Pants." I smiled.

We did as she said, then climbed back into the car.

On the way to Boston, I got the bad memories of Olivia's wedding. I have no idea what she is doing. How she is doing. If she is even alive.

It scared me to think that Brian might've changed and killed her. I had to push these thoughts out of my mind and focused back on my surroundings.

<^>

As we were shopping, I sent Becka to get buns for our cook out, and enough to feed all of her siblings, but when she came back, she was talking to someone. I looked around and saw her, and then confusion covered my expression.

"Becks, um, who do you know in Boston?" I asked, and then the person she was talking to pushed their cart into the aisle and I stared with wide eyes.

"Olivia."

<^>

Olivia's POV

"Elliot." I breathed, a small smile on my face. I looked at him and his face was covered in confusion.

"Olivia, I didn't know that you were still living here." He spoke, and I nodded.

"Yeah, um-" I started, but then my name was said. I turned around and Finn was standing there, a browned hair little girl standing next to him.

"Did you get it?" I asked, and Finn nodded. He tossed the item in the cart, and then I picked up my daughter, and kissed her cheek.

"Elliot, would you and Becka like to come over for dinner tonight?" I asked, and he looked away from my daughter, and nodded.

"I'd love to."Becka smiled, and then Elliot nodded.

"Yeah. Just give us your address." He spoke, and I nodded.

We parted ways, and I met Alex a few aisles over. She smiled at me, before shifting my other daughter, over onto her other hip.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked, and I swallowed hard, as Luke, Noah, and Mark joined us.

"Um, I'll tell you later. Let's go check out."

<^>

"Alright, take a good nap, Cassidy." I smiled, before leaning down and kissing my one year old's forehead. I then turned and looked into the small toddler bed and knelt down and smiled.

"Mommy, do I have to sleep?" Katherine asked, and I nodded.

"Yeah. You want to be in a good mood for dinner tonight, then we are going night swimming." I smiled, and she nodded.

"I guess." She yawned. I kissed her forehead then pulled her blanket up around her.

"If Cassidy wakes up, and you hear, just call for me if I don't come in." I spoke, and she nodded. She grabbed my hand and held it to her chest.

"I love you, Mommy." She spoke and I smiled.

"I love you too, Katie."

I left the bedroom, then walked down the hall. I looked out the window of my house, and saw Mark and the boys were playing in the backyard. I sighed and walked into the kitchen, where Alex was sitting and flipping through a magazine.

"The girls are finally down." I sighed, and Alex laughed.

"They have always been difficult. Now, I want to know what spooked you." She spoke, and I frowned.

"I saw Elliot and Becka today."

"What?" She questioned, and I sighed.

"I invited them to dinner, and now I'm regretting it." I frowned, and she eyed me.

"It's been a year." She spoke, and I nodded.

"I know." I whispered. She reached over and rubbed my back.

"Don't worry. You can always cancel." She spoke, and I shook my head.

"I don't want to. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm not ready."

"You aren't getting married." She sighed, and I shook my head quickly.

"Brian was shot to death. I don't think I could ever get married again."

"Mommy?" Kathrine whispered, and I turned around to see her standing there.

"Katie, you need to take a nap." I smiled softly, and she walked over and reached her arms up to me.

"I miss Daddy."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback! <3