Warm Me Up

“Hey, go home already.”

    “Dun wanna.”

    “They’re worried sick, you know.”

    “I don’t care about those people. You do more than I do.”

    “Nah.”

    “Then why do you talk about them so much?. You tell me to go home or call them or drop by their office or something.”

    “This isn't part of my responsibility. I’m not supposed to take care of a 17-year-old kid—”

    “There you go again. ’17-year-old kid’. I’m pretty much an adult by now.”

    “Adults don’t run away from home and stay at their cram school teacher’s apartments.”

    “This is different.”

    “How different?”

    “Like, I’m supposed to be post-traumatized by my brother’s death and…”

    “And?”

    “And it’s not like you’re a dangerous person. I really, really trust you.”

    “Pft. Yeah, right. I told you, I’m not cut out for this stuff. You’re a teenager in a delicate phase of her life. I’m an old man with cut family ties. You wouldn’t wanna know what it feels like when your family abandons you.”

    “Well, I abandoned them. So I guess that possibility is crossed out now.”

    “You know what I mean—”

    “And you’re not an old man…yet.  You’re 23, fresh out of college. What part of that is old? Listen, I’m tired of this conversation just as you’re tired of telling me to go home. We’re not doing anything stupid because I’m still just a kid to you so cut me slack, will you?

    —The best thing you could probably do is act like the adult you are and scold me. Not tell me to make hard life decisions with that lazy tone of yours.”

                                                                                      ***

    And that’s how he kicked me out of the house again. Scratch that, how I got myself kicked out of the house again. Damn him. He should have more mercy to freeloaders.

    I ended up strolling the park for the next two hours. It was freezing cold in the middle of winter and here I am aimless like a lost puppy. No money, clothes barely thick enough, no phone, and almost out of sanity.

    It’s too risky to go anywhere. People I know from school and from our neighborhood might bump into me in convenience stores or train stations. The park wasn’t particularly safe either, but nobody would really go here in this snow and darkness

    The wooden bench was my best friend sent from the intergalactic society of Mars’ moon. Or so I’d like to believe that someone out there would even care for me. Why wasn’t I born in into a family with some kind of generation to generation purpose so I won’t have to live this undeniably mundane, unfruitful, unbearable, sarcastic life.

    I mean, even in this situation, a random dude should come up to me, threaten me then take me into a place shun by society. Then he’d force me to do things that would brand me permanently into their world—a part of a system that I would actually belong in.

    But no. Nobody comes.

    They pass by me and not even dare look at me. Like I’m an alien (from the intergalactic society of Mars’ moon, of course).

    Just a little more. Hold out a little more. Something  will happen. Because all the suffering’s supposed to pay out one day, right? Right?

    Right.

    “Agh. Seriously, why’d you run out like that, huh?! It’s below degrees here.”

    Ah, he took my hand and began dragging me.

    A random dude, huh? Although not really that random, I wonder if he’s gonna accept me into his world.

    “Hey, old man.”

    “That’s Sir to you. What?”

    “Can I barge in for a few more days? In your life, I mean.”

    “I don’t know what crazy ideas you got up there but I don’t mind keeping company a freeloading virgin like you.”

    He smirked at me just now. It’s my cheeks, they’re blazing up.

    “You’re definitely a pervert, let go.”

    “As if, I’m not letting you go until I’m through with you.”

    “What the hell was that?!”

    “I said—”

     We’re so close, his face is so close.

“—I’m not letting go.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aouie here. Gah, no new story for MONTHS. I feel bad about myself. This idea just came up. The storytelling is a bit messed up, the first time I tried it and actually published it. Well there are only two characters here, it's not that bad... I guess... Please forgive my foolishness lol.

I almost forgot this one--

Comments, appreciated. Votes, cherished. Fans, loved.

-----w-----