Little Fantasy

“Welcome,” a gentle voice came from inside the white room.

     Lee couldn’t help but wonder and so her eyes went from this man’s face down to his feet.

     He was fairly young, most likely around his early twenties. He had auburn hair like most many, bright blue eyes and slightly pale lips.

     “I’m Mr. Avery, we just started Math so take a seat and try to catch up.” He smiled again so Lee felt the need to smile back.

     Though she tried her best, her smile was very weary and forced that the man called Avery came to a conclusion that this girl in front of her must really hate him now.

     Setting all that awkward introduction away, Lee trodded to the backmost of the room and settled herself in a seat beside the window.

     The snow fell quite feverously that soon, all her surrounding became a dull sound and she lost herself in a little fantasy.

     She shivered but she didn’t care and her lids perfectly closed.

     In her own little world, there was nothing but her. Back to reality, she was alone yet again.

     But in that dream of hers, she was always smiling, always happy and always serene.

     So she thought, what could possibly so different from her dream and this thing called reality?

     Why can’t she smile wholeheartedly like she wanted to?

     Was there a mystery needed to be solve? A missing item?

     Was it far? Was it impossible?

     If only, she wished, if only the next time she opened her eyes, the answer would be right there.

     “…obb.”

     “Miss Cobb…”

     Though the next time she did, this auburn-haired man was right in front of her face, earnestly calling her name.

     Lee scampered in her seat and sat straight. Her eyes looked away in embarrassment and she put a hand over her mouth.

     Mr. Avery laughed. “Say, is my class really that boring that you fall asleep right after you sit down? I mean, that’s supposed to be normal, right?”

     She was struck speechless. Not a word came out from her mouth but her eyes no longer looked away and stared straight into his.

     “Well, I don’t think it is.” He paused and scratched his head—

    — “You hungry?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry the short chapter...

Sorry for this being late too...

Thanks clutzyjinx for being fan!

Comments, appreciated. Votes, cherished. Fans, loved.

^_^